Fast stab with pitch raise?

I’m trying to create a fast stabbing sound with a sample i have as part of a build up. it’s best example i could think of was used in BK’s revolution - an absolute classic i haven’t heard in ages, still makes me tingle all over!!

listen to the riff during the track and breakdown, and see how it is cut in fast at 2:37ish in this video of it before the drop comes in

BK - Revolution - YouTube

what would be the best way to achieve a similar effect? Just create new blocks with my riff\stab and increase the amount i lay down on the track layout in small segments?

I don’t know how to recreate the BK Revolution sound but I know you can automate the pitch on a note, try using that.

Never understood why literally everyone went so mental for Revolution, I was never a fan myself.

[quote]bouffont (4/29/2009)[hr]I don’t know how to recreate the BK Revolution sound but I know you can automate the pitch on a note, try using that.

Never understood why literally everyone went so mental for Revolution, I was never a fan myself.[/quote]

seriously??? BK Revolution is possibly one of the greatest Riffs ever in hard dance

try finding a hoover patch on your vst and adapting that as im pretty sure thats what he’s used

also you could try in the “that sound” thread

[quote]jon_fisher (4/29/2009)[hr][quote]

seriously??? BK Revolution is possibly one of the greatest Riffs ever in hard dance[/quote]

Yeah seriously. Don’t get me wrong, the tune is alright, I just don’t think it’s anything special.

Cheers guys, i’m not looking to create the actual sound. just the pattern it makes if that makes sense? the der der, der der, der der der lol

jon, check out phil reynolds and nick sentience instrumental thats a top riff.

Take the MP3 and push it through something like Waves Stereo or Melodyne and it’ll plot the notes out for you.

I’ve emailed ben asking him how he did it i don’t know if he will tell me but its worth asking

I used to LOVE revolution in it’s day, still sends a shiver down now. It’s been reworked and re-released now did you know that? Got the promo a few weeks ago.

It sounds though like a loop, you know when you loop a CDJ and start speeding up the loop? It’s like that.

With a flange effect over it :smiley:

That’s easy to do. Find the note that he did that “sound” in and keep it constant… and then add higher pitched notes on top of it. you may need to duck the original note though.