Favorite Sample Packs

Hey,

Merry Christmas everyone. Was looking for some feedback on everyone’s favorite sample packs. I’m looking to purchase a few and not sure where to look (there are SO many out there that it can be tough to pick).

Cheers.

hey you cant go wrong with vengeance sample cds, check them out at www.mutekki-media.com or www.vengeance-sound.com i bought a 3 bundle pack at a good price well worth it and theres also www.loopmasters.com or www.samplemagic.com

as far as quality and a range of cds available goes you can’t beat loopmaster packs - lots of genre specific stuff that we rate very highly!

we’ll be selling loopmaster sample packs in the sonic shop soon but they’re also available as downloads from the loopmasters site

kev

one more vote for loopmasters!!!

Loopmasters is great but a bit pricey, try this place:

www.zenhiser.com

Get some fantastic loops and stuff at reasonable prices, you can start to build your collection at a more affordable rate.

Loopmasters defo but I also too like the Vengeance packs, although the sheer volume of samples sometimes leads to long sessions of trying to find the right sound! Sometimes less is more!

As my sonic cohorts mentioned loopmasters make great sample packs but also a good idea to look further than sample packs for samples. Try taking chunks from all types of music or any sound source and chop out hits or loops for something a bit different as there will be less chance of hearing it in another track.

just for inspiration

i recently sampled the pads from kiling joke - love like blood

will upload the track soon to have your comments and advices

tks

If any of you guys are into the DEADMAU5 sound he has just brought out a brilliant sample CD caled XFER. It pricey tho at £60. Alternativley there were some free samples of this CD with Future Music i think it was the september addition.

i downloaded joey youngmans “jacked out future house” pack from djdownload, pretty sure its loopmasters also.

it’s real hard to stop shaking your arse around the room when listening to some of the stuff on it :slight_smile:

Four Thumbs up for loopmasters some of the phatest sound around !:slight_smile:

[quote]mejaques_uk@hotmail.com (1/15/2009)[hr]If any of you guys are into the DEADMAU5 sound he has just brought out a brilliant sample CD caled XFER. It pricey tho at £60. Alternativley there were some free samples of this CD with Future Music i think it was the september addition.[/quote]

Did you not find that DVD a little disapointing? His interview explained no techniques, was just drivel on how he does his live sets, which is all well and good but we all wanted some studio tips lol!

At least we have Phils Bite Size tutorial to fufill what was lacking from the Future Music DVD, its actually the only Producer interview i’ve been unhappy with to date.

The samples you get are pretty bog standard single hits you’d find in any pack, the only thing of value on it was around 20 loops which are pretty good and i’ve used a couple of times.

This rolls on nicely really to the topic title, generally you can get some wicked samples every month on the Computer Music and Future Music magazines.

If you dont have a subscription to any of these then i’d recommend investing now.