Favourite/Most used plugin organising!

Is there a way to create a folder in the ableton plugin section to store copies of all your favourite and most used effects? Like a one-stop folder for all your ****?

ICN, I promise I won’t get the answer whilst you are constructing a helpful snapshot tutorial this time! :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean Ableton plug-ins like EQ8 and Compressor Or VSTs?

I have all my VSTs in folders, like all my Native Instruments stuff in its own folder and so on, just create a sub folder in your VST folder, rename it and fanny’s yer aunt.

As for the ableton native ones, no idea.

Yes, if you group the plugin then you can click save on the group.

If you do it with instruments it will go into Instruments - Instrument rack

If you do it with effects it will go into Effects - Effects Racks

I have made a folder in each for my favorites which I move all of the ones I create to.

[quote]TheAnt (23/06/2011)[hr]Yes, if you group the plugin then you can click save on the group.

If you do it with instruments it will go into Instruments - Instrument rack

If you do it with effects it will go into Effects- Effects Racks

I have made a folder in each for my favorites which I move all of the ones I create to.[/quote]

Good man!! … guess what I’ll be doing for the next couple of hours! :slight_smile:

Sssssooooo if I reorganized my 3rd party plugins in different folders in the vst folder would my old arrangements find them

Actually not sure why I am asking as I’ll probably never get round to it :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]slender (23/06/2011)[hr]Sssssooooo if I reorganized my 3rd party plugins in different folders in the vst folder would my old arrangements find them

Actually not sure why I am asking as I’ll probably never get round to it :P[/quote]

Yep should do because it re-scans the plugins folder when you open live to check where everything is.

Pull your finger out and sort them out!!!

[quote]bangthedj (23/06/2011)[hr]You mean Ableton plug-ins like EQ8 and Compressor Or VSTs?

I have all my VSTs in folders, like all my Native Instruments stuff in its own folder and so on, just create a sub folder in your VST folder, rename it and fanny’s yer aunt.

As for the ableton native ones, no idea.[/quote]

Ahh the question was about FX chains? Sorry I thought you meant that actual VSTs in the browser.

As for our Q slender, I did a quick test by opening a track, closing it, moving a plug-in and re-opening and it played back fine so shrugs

[quote]bangthedj (23/06/2011)[hr][quote]bangthedj (23/06/2011)[hr]You mean Ableton plug-ins like EQ8 and Compressor Or VSTs?

As for the ableton native ones, no idea.[/quote]

Ahh the question was about FX chains? Sorry I thought you meant that actual VSTs in the browser.

As for our Q slender, I did a quick test by opening a track, closing it, moving a plug-in and re-opening and it played back fine so shrugs[/quote]

No it was about plugins, but native Ableton ones and it seems the only way to save the ones you want into a handy goto favourites folder. For example a plugin I often use, the autofilter I would have to group it and save it which allows me to put it in a “favourites” folder within audio effects. Shame you can’t make a favourites folder in the root folder…

Maybe Ableton 9? :smiley:

Yeh gotcha,

I spose its a work around I guess, but ‘workarounds’ make my OCD twitch :wink:

[quote]bangthedj (23/06/2011)[hr]Yeh gotcha,

I spose its a work around I guess, but ‘workarounds’ make my OCD twitch ;)[/quote]

You must be twitching non-stop using Ableton! :smiley:

[quote]bangthedj (23/06/2011)[hr]Yeh gotcha,

I spose its a work around I guess, but ‘workarounds’ make my OCD twitch ;)[/quote]

I tend to group a lot of things anyway becasue it makes it easier to control with my Nocturn. I then save the instrument or effect rack with the controls mapped how I like.

Yeah, I have plenty of custom racks but fortunately that doesn’t make me twitch as that’s ‘intended’ purpose.

Weird how my brain works, as its effectively the same thing, but its the principle.

Now let me get back to colour ordering my extensive collection of pens according to pantone colour…

OK - I have just had a play with Ableton and there is a better way of doing this.

If you have an instrument or effect and you click on the save preset icon, then rename it. Then you can move that to your favorite folder without having to group that sh!t up.