Feedback on track inspired by Vince Tutorial

So best Tutorial by far for me as it combined a lot of sounds I have really been into for years and right away I started messing with a few sounds and the hypnotic arping melody line is 100% inspired by that tutorial. This is Ableton with Sylenth1 and even ventured out to get Fab Filter Q after seeing Vince use it so easily. Such a time saver. Also tried sidechaining the longer bass to the techier bass like Vince instead of the usual kick sidechain. Anyways, nothing really like that sound but still inspired by it but would appreciate feedback on this from the community. The Mastering/EQ/Compression/Bus aspect is always the hardest bit for me and the main reason I only get a few tracks finished even though I have 83 ideas sitting in hard disks. Thanks.br
br
iframe width=“100%” height=“166” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“no” src=“https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F106902495”/iframebr

Hello mate.br
br
Lovely sound from the off, but i would just love to hear the track build and build and then finally after about 3 and a half mins break into the section that you start with to release all the tension that’s been built up.br
br
Would you consider completely changing the arrangement to have what you start with forming the breakdown of the track?

i just think the arrangement is really messy.br
br
but then i do like more progressive tracks that build and build and tease. but my opinion is this could be a really great track if you just kept back the chord progression until the breakdown and then slammed everything back in!

Hi david, thanks for giving it a listen, yeah it is something I could consider but I can’t see the breakdown working as an intro although maybe I am misunderstanding you there. I did originally have an intro penned down but it ended up being a bit long so decided to start with this. Also it felt very empty when going for a longer build so went for 2 shorter builds to try and generate a bit of energy throughout. Gotta say now though you are making me look at this over again as I thought the structure was the part I thought I had right. Generally I am the same as you, prefer longer progressive builds but dunno, after watching Vinces tutorial I thought I would try a different approach but yeah I’ll go back in and have another look I think now as I do see what you mean (After listening 10 times), maybe could introduce some of the layers and such later and have them build for longer.

The thing is though in Vince’s track, you’ll notice that he has 3 or 4 different parts for the progressions with the string chords, and he has 3 different versions of the melody, each one increasing the amount of progression.br
br
So for quite a while, the full ‘release’ of the track is held back, and the track builds.br
br
I just think with the way you have done your arrangement, there is no real build up of tension, it just kind of releases from the start.br
br
I think you would start to have an awesome track, if you just build up the drums and percussion for a minute or two, then brought in the bass and melody just playing a single note, and then drop into what you have as the start of your track after 2-3 mins, as the breakdown.br
br
Then you’ll have a good track mate!