Feedback please!

Whats going on guys…My partna and I are finishing up this latest track and we were hoping to get some feedback! Its actually our submission for our first remix competition were entering so any critical critiques are especially appreciated :)br
br
iframe src=“http://www.hulkshare.com/embed.php?fn=o1mkd3loi5ts” scrolling=“no” frameborder=“0” width=“100%” height=“160px”/iframe

The different parts in the track are put together pretty nicely, mixed quite well and the arrangement is pretty solid - however, that kick just doesn’t sound right for this genre of track, and it’s not punching through as it needs to do in this kind of track.br
br
You’ve committed the cardinal error of not mixing the kick loud enough. It’s simply being drowned out too much by some of the other elements. I would try and redo the mix, and concentrate on starting with the kick really loud and mixing all the other elements lower around the kick.br
br

I think the choice of drum samples needs to be better. I think you need to change the kick, as current one doesn’t have the right timbre or frequency content for this kind of track, and also i think you either need to choose a different snare/clap, that has more snap and mid-high/higher frequency content so it’s clearer in the mix and adds more drive, or you might possibly get away with layering another clap over what you currently have, to obtain more frequency content in the clap in the higher frequencies, so it cuts through the mix more.br
br
Apart from that though, the overall sound is pretty good, and the track has a nice vibe and the groove is pretty good. Overall just some adjustments to the drums needed.

Thanks david that was exactly what I was looking for!I totally agree with you on the kick now that I listen to it and also appreciate the kind words on the arrangement…It was actually kind of a pain to only have 4 minutes to work with!br

Hey man, i’m listening your track and i think that you can work on some things.br
br
All that is just my point of view, i like your global work.br
br
—br
It’s maybe a choice… your voice is (for me) realy clear compare to your beat. when we are in the middle of this track it’s ok. But when she start, it’s “bizarre” :slight_smile: (15’’ to 56’‘)br
br
2’40’’ part, perfect.br
3’24’’ try to rework the 2° voicebr
3’45’’ second voice better.br
1’29’’ snare can be better i think.br
br
—br
2’24’’ How you have make this effect ? just with a delay ? or some pitch ? its the same effect on synth snare ?br
br
Hope you agree :)br
br
As i said before. It isnt my style, i can have some wrong idea.

first of all musically terrific job. the vocals sound great over everything and the synths are quite fitting for energy/vibe. this is a solid track. so if you’re like me you want to know what can make it better…br
br
i’m not an expert on this and i am in the process of developing a better understanding but i think some of the life has been squished out of the track and that might make it difficult for the dance floor. i could be totally wrong - because again i am not an expert - but to me it seems the kick lacks punch and the drums especially upper mid/highs are smashed and muddying the mix. are you using a driving a limiter hard to get the track to sound loud?br
br
here is an article i came across recently about compressing while producing with careful attention to the attack, release and kick. this is something i am trying to use instead of a limiter to get loudness.br
br
http://blacklistedmastering.co.uk/article02.htmbr
br
anyway, curious to know what your thoughts are on this subject and if i am wrong as to what you have done on the master bus.

really liked the track! so great job, well produced, great musical elements etc! br
I think that all it requiers is some better mixing i felt like some parts just clashed a little, But it just to make it perfect! i dont know how to do this, but its what i hear =)

Really really appreciate all the feedback guys it means a lot :slight_smile: br
br
chains - I agree the vocals sound weak at the beginning I was testing out a new plugin that did some of the vocal mixing and it was sub-par…I’m not exactly sure what effect you’re talking about we’ve got a couple delays going on along with a riser and an auto filterbr
br
cosmic - :w00t: Dude you have some serious ears!! Appreciate the kind words about the song :slight_smile: I was looking at some similar tracks in the genre and a lot of their spectrums showed some serious high/mid frequencies hitting around -24…So I put in some exciters to pump ours up but I’ve probably over done it when combined along with the Ozone and limiter.br
br
That was a pretty sweet article…Its difficult for me once I have a whole track laid out in front of me to go through and mess with everything if it doesn’t sound “wrong” in the first place if that makes sense lol but I guess I’ve been over looking compression…has it been making a big difference for you?br
br
lonewolf - Thanks man! :smiley: We’ve been working on the mix quite a bit since I’ve put this one up so hopefully when I post the finished result it’ll be a lot smoother

Hi James, I agree with the guys about the kick, there’s just not enough punch coming through for this kind of genre. It defo needs a lot more presence in the track, a fuller body! ;)br
br
I really like the track itself though. I reckon the vocals sit really well, a little too well in places. I think it could do with being raised up a notch on the breakdown as that’s the main element and the synths are drowning it out a touch.br
br
I also think that the snare/clap you have might be wrong for this track but I’d like to see how it sounds once the kick has been tweaked!br
br
Great effort for your first remix though dude. I’m still learning a lot myself so if anything sounds wrong, just ignore me! lol :smiley: