Feedback

Hi All

I have just finished a track that I would like to release.

I have no idea what genre it is - happy to hear your thoughts on that too. From a composition standpoint, the main goal was to create something that expressed what I had in me.

Following @tekalight’s helpful comments in relation to a different project, I have worked quite a bit on the stereo field. I have listened closely on a few different systems and all elements seem audible and transparent.

As for mastering, in general it is an area that I have worked on the least (and I am quite new to all of this), I have done two for this project: one has more dynamics but is quieter (would probably be normalised +1-2 dB on Spotify), the other sacrifices dynamics but gets to around -9 LUFS.

DYNAMIC MASTER - Stream When the Sky is Dark (Dynamic) by A.SKi | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

LOUD MASTER - Stream When the Sky is Dark by A.SKi | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Your feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Hi again there :wink:

Nice one, here’s some feedback and sugestions after listening, hope this helps ! :sunglasses:

Mixing :

• You’re on your LUFS targets for both versions, so that’s a good thing.

• It certaintly sounds loud & clear and yes, the stereo image is more ponounced , so that helps to get the mix sounding more wide.

You can check this tutorial for more tips about this BTW : How To Create Wide Mixes with Protoculture

However, it’s a wall of sound with many elements at the same levels IMO, missing some contrast although you managed to keep everythign clear and audible ( good work on this BTW ).

But some elements like the hats & the “noise” snare as well as pads could be pushed back in levels int eh mix to create more contrast.

Check this maybe : Mixing in 3D with Kirk Degiorgio

Nice use of reverb and panning, it brings life to the mix.

Arrangement & song wise :

It’s catching at first ( nice rhythm & movement with the arp and also elements creating atmopshere ) but I would have expect a longer break section and some variation in the second part after the break.

As it is now, I think it’s missing this and feels a bit repetitive.

Also, not sure about the use of vocals almost at the end of the track.

If it’s intended to be a vocal track, then you need to bring more vocals to the listener long before.

Using vocals chops of snipetts can be a godd thing, but as soon as you’re dopping all phraes in a track, listeners brains & ears will think " vocal song" - “message”…ect.

But yeah, good work and results, keep it up ! :+1:

Cheers :sunglasses:

1 Like