Finding suitable labels on soundcloud

Is there an easy way to find suitable labels close to your genre / style on Soundcloud? I’ve had a little play around but searching ‘label’ or ‘house label’ still seems pretty vague.

I have a lot of belief in a track I have but it’s proving difficult finding that right label to send it too as most labels these days seem to be tech dominated.

Best thing is to look at the labels you play (if you dj) or who have your fav artists on. 9 times out of 10 you’ll be making music along those styles so you’ll want to hit those labels.

I find the search on soundcloud a bit lacking so if i want to find a label i’ll google them first and then hit the soundcloud.

What Japwow said. Or if your track is in a different style to what you play or you don’t DJ (not you Roben, you DJ), go to Beatport and look for music in the same kind of stlye and make a note of the label they are on. Then Google or search Soundcloud.

If you have an iPhone, there is an app out there that is called Demogod. Its made by Sample Magic. I would check that out. It has all of the contacts for TONS of labels and their demo submission policies.

Japwow / Ant - Yeah i’ve tried that, and Juno, but again i’ve managed to find about half a dozen suitable labels after what’s felt like hours searching (looking for labels, listening to what style they release, finding their website, finding their contact, etc) that way in total, even a couple of those i was pretty unsure whether it was the right track for them. I don’t generally play in a club the kinda stuff I produced (this particular track) but i know it’s a good track, normally I’d just stack it on a shelf somewhere and let it collect dust as it were lol.

Howie - Cheers bro i’ll check that out! :smiley:

Roben… Sadly these things can take ages but the hard work is worth it. There is no sure fire way to find a label and if you do you then have to try and get them to pay attention. It can be time consuming and depressing when you get no response. But keep searching and you will find the right one in the end

[quote]howiegroove (27/03/2011)[hr]If you have an iPhone, there is an app out there that is called Demogod. Its made by Sample Magic. I would check that out. It has all of the contacts for TONS of labels and their demo submission policies.[/quote]

that is a really nice tip Howie. big Thanks :smiley:

youre welcome!

Notice i didn’t say “dont care” or “yawwwnnnn”? :wink:

[quote]howiegroove (29/03/2011)[hr]youre welcome!

Notice i didn’t say “dont care” or “yawwwnnnn”? ;)[/quote]

:hehe:

[quote]howiegroove (29/03/2011)[hr]

Don’t care :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

[quote]slender (30/03/2011)[hr][quote]howiegroove (29/03/2011)[hr]

Don’t care :stuck_out_tongue: :D[/quote]

yaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwnnnnn :doze:

:hehe: