Finished a Trance 2.0 track. Looking for comments and critiques

Doesn’t look like these forums get much traffic but I’d love to get some critiques and comments if possible. Thanks for listening. br
br

Hey Sam, it’s a nice track, the melodies are great, the overall mix is clean, my main comment would be the kick, it’s not strong enough, drop an ilan bluestone track into your DAW and a/b it with your track, his kick are pretty tough. Then as a symptom of that I’m not feeling the bass either, a stronger kick with some sub will bring it out. I think overall the sounds are just a little too thin, try some more layering of the leads perhaps to get a bigger sound, it’s not in your face enough when it drops.

Hey.br
br
Nice track, I like the overall vibe of it for sure. It is a little bit weak though, I am listening at work so pretty ****ty speakers here but comparing it to some commercial releases it really feels kind of lifeless in the bottom end - unfortunately!br
br
That is just a production detail that can be fixed though, more importantly the vibe of the track is really great and you got a really solid foundation… so just oomph it up a bit and you got a really good production on your hands. It is much more difficult to take a dull and lifeless track and make it interesting than it is to take an interesting track and just tune the production.br
br
Good job!

Thanks very much for listening. That’s exactly what I was looking for! I am right now looking to add a little sub on the kick and see how I can fill out the low end. Much appreciated.

Yeah, totally agree with the comments above, all it needs is a little more bottom end and you have a gem of a track there mate. br
br
I really enjoyed listening to it. :cool:

Just wanted to chime in that I agree with all the comments above! the bottom end could be beefed up a bit, and the kick could really use more oomph!br
br
Otherwise I have to say its a brilliant track, I really enjoyed the melodies and overall arrangement is really excellent.br
br
I will also add that the Horn sound at 0:45 that also comes back at 2:35 seems quite a bit too loud. Both times when it came in it was loud enough it startled me… br
br
All around really steller. :smiley: