FM Mag 230 - 6th August 2010

Picked up the magazine yesterday and all i can say if BIG FAT SHAMELESS PLUG. the D.Ramirez tutorial that i had been looking forward to turned out to be a half hour advert for Xfer Nerve.

BTW i was completely sold but still pissed about the content of the tutorial.

[quote]howiegroove (10/08/2010)[hr][quote]slender (10/08/2010)[hr][quote]ICN (10/08/2010)[hr]Howie - You are so honest its hilarious :smiley: :cool:

Now, back on topic… if we could combine that magazine of yours that Blows & Slenders 30p, I think we’d all buy it each Month.[/quote]

roben pm’d me and asked could he get a subscription discount as he knows how to blow :P[/quote]

I promised Roben I wouldn’t take shots at him.

This is where I cut out…[/quote]

I think it was me who promised not to take shots at you lol, but it’s all gravy baby :slight_smile:

[quote]jon_fisher (10/08/2010)[hr]Picked up the magazine yesterday and all i can say if BIG FAT SHAMELESS PLUG. the D.Ramirez tutorial that i had been looking forward to turned out to be a half hour advert for Xfer Nerve.

BTW i was completely sold but still pissed about the content of the tutorial.[/quote]

Think that was on the D.Ramirez w.site… Yawn.

[quote]jon_fisher (10/08/2010)[hr]Picked up the magazine yesterday and all i can say if BIG FAT SHAMELESS PLUG. the D.Ramirez tutorial that i had been looking forward to turned out to be a half hour advert for Xfer Nerve.

BTW i was completely sold but still pissed about the content of the tutorial.[/quote]

Hi Jon,

I had the same feeling as you when i watched this one - just one big advert. Was so looking forward to it, to be fair to Future music its not really one of there videos its another company which i cant remember the name of - there in my opnion just promotional vidoes to get us to sign up. Still the other videos prior to this are not bed lets hope that next months is better.

P.S see you’ve been posting in the offical D-ramirez forums or i presume its you :smiley:

I picked up the magazine today and to be honest wasn’t sold on anything. Thought I’d save myself the £6 instead lol.

Got the Mag yesterday… Just watched the Patric La Funk Vid’s this evo.

He’s German… Good English, but a bit of a Mad Professor. Nice Guy.

Interesting seeing how he worked. He has a Roland Synth as his controller keyboard & uses the Arp on it to provide little rhythmical fills here & there.

Never really seen an Arp used in that way. He was using it on Perc, as well as more musical elements. Sounded pretty good.

Nice to see some of the Reverb & Delay settings that he used, as well has the Midi & Swing that he had going in his track.

But totally agree - as FM goes - bit of a dud issue this one.