For Sea Sons

I started using Logic Pro in May and SA really helped me to take my first faltering steps into writing music. I was brought up in a hugely musical family, playing in numerous orchestras (I played violin), but without ever really feeling that the music ‘spoke’ to me. Everything changed for me when I discovered the clubbing scene in London in the late 80’s/early 90s - I was there at Shoom (ahh, remember that), Turnmills, Legends, the Ministry of Sound - and finally understood how powerful and personal music could be. But I have always dreamed of achieving some kind of crossover between the genres - to write pieces that, when mixed by a DJ, could become ‘symphonic’, with some kind of narrative flow and dynamic range. Of course, this doesn’t really lend itself to the dancefloor where the emphasis is on a gradual build over the course of a set but, for at-home or in-car listening, it could hold the listener’s attention.br
I’m still very much a novice, especially technically, but I have used a three month vacation to write my first experiment with the idea. Intended to be a kind of modern-day ‘Four Seasons’, and drawing heavily on atmospheric, evocative sound effects (thanks Freesound), I am proud - amazed! - to be able to put something personal out there into the ether. Please listen to the four pieces ‘Sprung’, ‘Shimmer’, Falling’ and ‘Went’ and I would be grateful for any feedback anybody cares to give…so long as it’s nice!br
Thanks all, Tombr
br
https://soundcloud.com/tom-e-tuckerbr
br