Freezing a track that is side chain compressed

Does anyone know how to freez a track that has a side chain routing going through?

will i lose sound quality if i respample my whole finished track? that seems to be my only solution.

Thanks,

You can’t freeze a track that has a sidechain on it in ableton.

Not possible that i know of. Maby somebody else has a better solution.

Maby bounce it to audio without the sidechain and put the sidechain on the audio?

Thats bound to make something a little off though i bet.

Well I ain’t found a way either

So to get by this, cause i would really like to listen to my track in full effect… lol with the computer glitches tweaking me out. I perfer self made glitches … lol

Re-sampling the track?

its just enfortionate cause i have mixed the volums yet .

im sure theres a way to get by this its just gonna take some construcing time…

I was jsut thinkng that… looks like tahts my solution :slight_smile:

thanks man !

Yeah I do what UV said if I need to or if sending out clips for remixing I take the compression off all together

[quote]UnitedVision (23/03/2011)[hr]Maby bounce it to audio without the sidechain and put the sidechain on the audio?

Thats bound to make something a little off though i bet.[/quote]

yes this works - just put the sidechained compressor onto a empty track, then freez the track you want to and move the sidechaine back onto it and your done

It only works exactly the same if you put the sidechain at the END of your FX chain normally.

Sometimes for certain sounds I put the sidechain at the start of the FX chain.

If you put it at the start, then the FX after the sidechain will process the sidechained output.

So if you sidechain something after you bounce it to audio, the volume is gunna drop big time.

Basically you will have 2 wind up rinse & repeating FX to make it sound right. “resampling”

maby that makes sense? it was my understanding that ableton processes FX in order.

Could you not just export that specific channel? Re-import the audio on a seperate audio track and deactivate the midi version of it. That way the sidechains work on the track as intended, you have your audio and the midi is still there if you decide later down the line you want to make an edit you just reactivate the midi one, change what you need and then bounce the audio down again. Altho you would need to reexport the channel if you moved a kick around, but I assume you are quite far thru the production if you’re at this stage.

I really am diggin the idea of making an empty track and putting my fx chains of em converting to audio and endly place the fx chain back of the track.

if i lose volume which im going to ill just add a limiter and boost that $h!T

lol

Not really I prolly just add a compresser or Sonalksis’s Free Gansta

Thank’s again –

your all wrong…

Get the track u wanna sidechain and group with with an empty audio/midi track. Put your side chain compressor on the main group track along with any other fx you have on it and then you can freeze the track that had the SC on it originally.

Viola…

[quote]jjdejong0 (23/03/2011)[hr]your all wrong…

Get the track u wanna sidechain and group with with an empty audio/midi track. Put your side chain compressor on the main group track along with any other fx you have on it and then you can freeze the track that had the SC on it originally.

Viola…[/quote]

I wouldnt do this, your cpu still has to process the fx’s…

[quote]R7 (23/03/2011)[hr]Could you not just export that specific channel? Re-import the audio on a seperate audio track and deactivate the midi version of it. That way the sidechains work on the track as intended, you have your audio and the midi is still there if you decide later down the line you want to make an edit you just reactivate the midi one, change what you need and then bounce the audio down again. Altho you would need to reexport the channel if you moved a kick around, but I assume you are quite far thru the production if you’re at this stage.[/quote]

thats I good point, yeah just insert an audio track, set it to resample and solo the track to want to freez, arm the track and hit record etc etc and your done, all the FX on the chain including sidechain will be recorded. Now all you woud need to do is turn any send fx’s back on… or I wonder if it would record the return tracks to? would you have to hit solo the on the return track as well??? hummmm…

Well leave the fx on the channel you want and just move the compressor, although I freeze loads with the method I mentioned and my cpu drastically increases even with all the fx still running. It really are the synths that are the cpu whores…

It’s all postive feedback for sure… so thanks.

I gotta say I’m not so concerned about the fx processing as much as the instruments really.

groupling the tracks worked like a dang charm. THanks homies ! :slight_smile:

I really am amazing :stuck_out_tongue:

cut and paste