Frisky Business (Tech House?)

Anyway, despite it being quiet in here :wink: i thought I’d post this.

I thin it’s kind of done. Probably needs a few tweaks to the mix for some added punch here and there.

Be grateful for the usual listens and comments - is something too loud, too quiet, too muddy, too bright, etc? Ta muchly

Block.Punch - Frisky Business - unsigned by Block.Punch

Thanks for the comments Ekko.

As for everyone else :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice groove and rthymn to this - and bassline :cool:

I had a quick listen to this and the mixdown sounded good on my monitors, it all sits together nicely - apart from the woman at the end, she gets a little loud :slight_smile:

I like the groove. I would call this Tech house btw

This is really nice. I’d defo play this out… The elements work really well together, keeps my interest etc., etc.

The synth stabs are gorgeous, all of them… the low end ones are lovely and silky, adding that slight swing to it, the mid chords on the break are perfectly short, and then the high stabs for the main ‘chorus’ are lovely old bookashade sounding. Very impressive!

Only think I’m not mad on are the snares… Are they from an 808 pack? They’re a little to snappy for me, but they still work!

Yeh, listened to this twice now, really like it! Fair play dude. :slight_smile:

-A

Also, did you use that orgasm sound that was floating around on free-sounds for the female vox? Sounds familar… I think they’re the ones I used for my See Monkey, Do Monkey Track, which I pitched after the first mini-break to make those ‘monkey’ sounds… :slight_smile:

<EMBED height=81 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=“100%” src=http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F2012058&amp;show_comments=true&amp;auto_play=false&amp;color=1b3154 allowscriptaccess=“always”> See Monkey, Do Monkey (Original Mix) [OUT NOW ON MINIMALMINUTS RECORDS] by ADAM KENI

P.S: I would call your track Deep Tech-House. :wink:

hey man, firstly i like the track, but the thing i notice is that the kick doesnt have enough punch. did you go for that sort of kick?

the kick in everlight sounds much better! :slight_smile:

[quote]TheAnt (20/12/2010)[hr]I had a quick listen to this and the mixdown sounded good on my monitors,it all sits together nicely -apart from the woman at the end, she gets a little loud :slight_smile:

I like the groove. I would call this Tech house btw[/quote]

Yeah, she does go for it. Field recording BTW :wink:

… from the neighbours next door

… they’re in their 70s

Seriously, I think I might turn her down a bit. She’s a bit upfront in the mix. Especially at the beginning.

[quote]adam kenny (20/12/2010)[hr]Also, did you use that orgasm sound that was floating around on free-sounds for the female vox? Sounds familar… I think they’re the ones I used for my See Monkey, Do Monkey Track, which I pitched after the first mini-break to make those ‘monkey’ sounds… :slight_smile:

P.S: I would call your track Deep Tech-House. ;)[/quote]

Hey Adam, not sure where I got the original sample. I just have a bunch of stuff categorised in a field recordings folder. This was one sample in there.

Yeah, you’re right Deep Tech House. Cheers

[quote]adam kenny (20/12/2010)[hr]

Only think I’m not mad on are the snares… Are they from an 808 pack? They’re a little to snappy for me, but they still work!

Yeh, listened to this twice now, really like it! Fair play dude. :slight_smile:

-A[/quote]

The snares are from the Vengeance Minimal pack. Numbered 163 - I took the attack off the front end to get them more slushy sounding so with that back in they’d be even more snappy.

[quote]Mussi81 (20/12/2010)[hr]hey man, firstly i like the track, but the thing inotice is that the kick doesnt have enough punch. did you go for that sort of kick?

the kick in everlight sounds much better! :)[/quote]

Hey Muss, yeah you’re right. I’d been thinking the same myself after listening to it on the iPod and my missus’ set up across the office. Doesn’t bite hard enough and gets a bit lost when there’s a lot going on in the middle body of the track. I can probably fix that with a bit of EQ and vol adjustments. I think…

And

THANK YOU

guys for listening and all your comments. Cheers

Following on from your helpful advice and an asskicking from Howie. I tweaked a lot of things in this and re-uploaded. You an click through hear to listen again if you have the time and patience.

Well, after listening to your advice and after a couple of chats with Howie, who pushed me to do something better with this, I rebuilt it from the ground up.

It still contains the essence of the original track but it’s pretty much a completely different track. I think it’s better but if you likd the old one and not this, blame Howie! :wink:

And, Howie, thanks dude.

Lovely synth work, some really luscious sounds. The mix sits together very well.

Only tiny thing that didn’t sound right to me was when it kicks in a 4.45, the vocal seems to overpower the energy of the other elements right at that point. It might be better if the vocal could sit bit further back, just for that ‘drop’.

Overall though, brilliant.

Hey man,

You’ve got a good sound working off the first track, great space and atmos,you’ve worked the stabs nicely, interesting mixture and layout, I like it… The second track is good except I’ve heard the style like a million times from the tech house tutorial so it’s not rubbing off on me :blink: but never the less still done well and production acknowledged…

Well done dude

-=D

Thanks fellas for the listens and comments. Hopefully get this one signed and out there to a wider audience.

Well, Howie’s turned me into a tweaker. I’ve updated the track with (I hope) a better break in the middle, plus some other general bass adjustments (analogue warmth and grit). Let me know what you think.

Cheers