Funky House Bass , Nu Disco

Hello Guys, i have problemes for a long time to make funky expressive bass like in the track Else - Northway, Really Love this kind of bass so if someone could help me indicating me a vst or something else, it will be very very cool !br
br
Regards br
br
Yannis ( France)

I use EVM Bassline for the more natural sounding basslines. It’s an easy to use free vst.br
LINKbr
br
You can layer a few different types. Like a a plucked an picked at the same time.

Cool ! I wii Try This , Thanks a lot !

hey there I think whats used is either a real bass or a synth like trilain and then prob some real slap samples br
br
A kind of close sounds is used here ABLETON LIVE 8 How to produce Nu-Disco Boogie Funk Beginners Tutorial part one march 2012.wmv - YouTube theres also this one but I think the sample is offline Ableton Project French bass "Patrick Alavi - Power" - YouTube
br
Another good free vst is the tal bassline http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-basslinebr
specifically the preset soft bass preset which I learned from this thread The Daft Club - Daft Punk Fansite! br
br
These examples might be getting away from that live sound you are looking for but if you don’t have access to a real bass this might be a good start

I will use Trilian from Spectrasonic to do that kind of bass.br
br
One of the best VST bass plugin that I usebr
br
Cheers,

Thanks guys ! Tha’ts true trilian is amzing but i’m not a bassist and my bass not sounds natural, that’s why i would like to find a more unnatural sound ! br
br
Thanks to all !br

Yeah it definitely sounds like a real bass guitar.

Native Instruments Kontakt Mm-Bass. It’s about £50 i think… But damn it’s got the perfect rubber sounding live bass of Funky French house and the older disco stuff.br
br

br
just listen to the demos genuinely think you’ll struggle to find anything more suitable in the way of bass for funk stuff IMO.br
br
Hope you like it, if not good luck in your search my good man!:slight_smile: