Future Music CD1 1993

This is a total blast from the past… i used this for all my sounds for a good few years.

It was a free CD back then So i guess it doesn’t contravene our no piracy stuff.

http://www.backtotheoldskool.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=103024

So many Classic samples…

The thing is Phil do you think these samples can still be used in todays producing world no one wants to make music that sounds ‘old’ , and no one wants to hear 'this would have been a good track 10 years ago". Not having a go lol just asking your oppinion on if these samples can be used?

im not suggesting you use these samples… just a bit of history.

you can hear samples that were used on prodigys jilted generation album, some chem bros stuff and a few others.

for many at the time pre broadband and VSTis etc. this was one of the only sound source people had access to when starting out.

I remember getting the 909 samples of it and trying them in my Yamaha SY85 and creaming my pants at how amazing it was that i had “those” samples that where on the tracks i was listening too. i didnt even know what a 909 was back then.

just brings back memories is all…

P.S. Dubstep, breaks, and all the Herve type stuff are filled with retro samples.

[quote]jjdejong0 (22/10/2010)[hr]The thing is Phil do you think these samples can still be used in todays producing world no one wants to make music that sounds ‘old’ , and no one wants to hear 'this would have been a good track 10 years ago". Not having a go lol just asking your oppinion on if these samples can be used?[/quote]

load of rubbish lol there are still producers producing old skool house, techno, hardcore and D&B because thats what they like and not because it’s trendy or someone believes it should have progressed that way. i’ve lost count of the tracks i’ve already heard this year with either the hoover sample, rave zap’s, “drop the bass” vocal and many other samples that have been raped for the last 15-20 years.

[quote]phil johnston (22/10/2010)[hr]im not suggesting you use these samples… just a bit of history.

you can hear samples that were used on prodigys jilted generation album, some chem bros stuff and a few others.

for many at the time pre broadband and VSTis etc. this was one of the only sound source people had access to when starting out.

I remember getting the 909 samples of it and trying them in my Yamaha SY85 and creaming my pants at how amazing it was that i had “those” samples that where on the tracks i was listening too. i didnt even know what a 909 was back then.

just brings back memories is all…

P.S. Dubstep, breaks, and all the Herve type stuff are filled with retro samples.[/quote]

some really cool stuff here, great find

WICKED!! :slight_smile: cheers Phil! Looking forward to dropping a bit of Old Skool into the mix! :wink:

It might be cool going a bit retro and old skool.

Some classics here. I might just knock something up with some of the gold here for a lucgh. A ravey breakbeat number coming up me thinks.

Right up my street :slight_smile: quality thick analogue sounds :smiley:

[quote]Mussi81 (22/10/2010)[hr]Right up my street :slight_smile: quality thick analogue sounds :D[/quote]

If thats really what you want i can record some real full on Anal-Log Sounds

With hard or soft ware, I prefer when It’s hard tbh :wink:

hahahaha