Future music vs. Computer music mags?

Thinking of getting a subscription for one of these, there’s some nice plugins, samples and in studio stuff that come on the discs. I’ve only bought an issue or two of each though, what’s really the big difference? Any opinions on which one’s better?

I personally prefer FM, as the In the Studio’s are always better.

All in my opinion of course. Used to buy both each month… regardless, but now have decided to only buy when there is something of interest to me. Havent bought either this year so far. Just haven’t been interested in any of the Producers yet.

Theres some good stuff in both… CM is more “tutorial” based from what I can see. However, they start to repeat themselves after a bit. The software is cool of course, but you can always pick up a copy during any month and you have all/or the majority of the programs.

Samples - you can probably have too many.

The quality of the tut’s, walkthroughs… DJ’s, Producers etc… in FM is usually excellent, very often with relevance to what is current. CM seem to get a load of cnuts that you’ve barely heard of. Thats harsh… but only cos I find it a mixed bag :smiley:

CM can be a bit too ABC… almost remedial. Honestly. not sucking up or anything, but consistently the best articles in it are written by Bang the DJ, who you might see on this site.

Alas, I’m usually dissapointed with my CM purchase… so I’ve actually promised myself to only get FM from now on. I really only was buying it out of (bad) habit.

SO… FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM FM!! :slight_smile:

FM my fav

[quote]gedeon (27/02/2011)[hr]Thinking of getting a subscription for one of these, there’s some nice plugins, samples and in studio stuff that come on the discs. I’ve only bought an issue or two of each though, what’s really the big difference? Any opinions on which one’s better?[/quote]

I currently have both. If I had to choose I’d probably go for FM, but I like CM also. FM seems to be a little more professional minded and assumes that the reader has advanced knowledge, where CM is more intermidient. At least in my perspective.

Fm just seems a better mag than cm. Razzle is better than both though

[quote]Mussi81 (27/02/2011)[hr]Fm just seems a better mag than cm. Razzle is better than both though[/quote]

I prefer Chubby and Over 60

[quote]ICN (27/02/2011)[hr]

CM has that cnut Bang the DJ, who you might see on this site, writing articles in it

[/quote]

Fixed

cheers everyone, probably gonna go for future music.

MASSIVE DISCLAIMER

As a freelancer, I was referring to myself alone, and not any of the other fine and noble CM staff.

:slight_smile:

Sound :cool:

[quote]slender (27/02/2011)

I prefer Chubby and Over 60[/quote]

I just renewed my subscription as well!

I prefer Keyboard Magazine.

I havent noticed these differences… I like both but my wife got me a CM subscription for Xmas, so im sticking with that for now… Im not so advanced anyway.