Geard used by the well known artists

Hibr
br
I was wondering what type of gear the “big artists” are using today to produce techhouse, techno. Looking for videos, interviews, …

A lot of them are now on this…br
iframe width=“560” height=“315” src=“//www.youtube.com/embed/BPV8c9rVQpg” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen/iframe

very funny… :doze: i mean analog gear…I tried the dave smith tempest the other day, nice thing!

I was just interested about what other people use in their studio.So thanks for the adult reply, really!

No problem! Tbh pal I’m not 100 percent how to answer it. Most the local producers I know all mainly use macs and vst’s… The occasional few have moogs and one that I’ve startted to do some work with even has a virus in his collection. I would love to say that the people I know actively use them, but most just have them in a corner in the studio and only have them there as trophies!br
br
If you wanna see other guys studios I would type ‘in the studio’ into YouTube, but as I said most are just on a computer with a good sound card. I love the shm video where they are in a massive studio and just do their work on the macbook plonked on top of the mix desk…

If you wanna produce techno, i would recommend just starting with the basic synths and FX that come with your DAW, if you are using Reason, Ableton or Logic that is.br
br
What DAW are you using?br
br
The thing is, alot of sounds in techno don’t require fancy synths that are overly-complicated - it’s often more about the processing and the FX that are applied.br
br
But i would get some really good loops if you want to produce techno - try sampling other tracks to start with. Just take the loop from the first couple of bars of tracks you really like, and slice them up then use sections from those loops.br
br
This will start to get you the kind of sound you are after very quickly!

something like a roland 101, juno 106, 60, 6.br
A lot of people have the roland 303br
br
br
I would always advise thou finding what works for you… just cause your fav producer uses something doesnt mean it will work for you.br
br
br
I found the best way is go to music shops, find friends with gear, or hire it.br
br
Or you can just buy it and if you dont like it ebay itbr

Not sure on the Hardware front!br
br
If they’re the genres your interested in I’d highly recommend trying to get a demo version of Rob Papen Predator VST and give that a test, A lot of the presets even sound like they were made for them sort of genres IMO

Why not have a glimpse of the videos posted on youtube from In The Studio With …br

Look up hardwell Q A. He gives a good overview of his expensive studio set up.

if he’s looking for techno and tech house i don’t think hard well is the answer br
br
br
try this video of steve mac’s studio its prob one of my fav artists studiobr
br
br
br

This website gives you alot of artists equipment with evidence in most cases to support it! br
br