Geist FXpansion!

just wondering if someone in SA is using it .

I was trying the Demo and it is an awesome sampler. especially to mangle loops and combine them to make original Loops.

just the price is a litle to expensive .

do you guys think it almost 300 bucks ?

and do you guys know a similar software to mangle REX files? the one in cubase is Crap.

I played with the demo and i liked it but then i bought Nerve from Xfer and i fell in love i thought it was better and had more manipulation options for the sounds and it was just 199

thanks for the tip man . the only thing is that Nerve is just a Drum Machine .I already own RP Punch . but i am looking for something to Manipulate REX , wav Drum loops and re Edit individual sounds.

[quote]alinenunez (08/08/2011)[hr]thanks for the tip man . the only thing is that Nerve is just a Drum Machine .I already own RP Punch . but i am looking for something to Manipulate REX , wav Drum loops and re Edit individual sounds.

[/quote]

“Geist is FXpansion’s next-generation sampling drum machine”

Well i can do the same thing with nerve it opens rex files + rx2 it also reads the rms of the loop which allows you to modify dynamics…you can extract the groove of your loop and add it to other sounds if you choose to expand your loop and you can change the dynamics of an individual hit in the loop…

Idk i just found myself doing the same things i did in Geist in nerve but way more fun and more manipulation

Steve duda the creator of Nerve helped develop Geist so i guess he got some features from geist and made nerve…its whatever you feel comfortable with

[quote]Subject 1 (08/08/2011)[hr][quote]alinenunez (08/08/2011)[hr]thanks for the tip man . the only thing is that Nerve is just a Drum Machine .I already own RP Punch . but i am looking for something to Manipulate REX , wav Drum loops and re Edit individual sounds.

[/quote]

“Geist is FXpansion’s next-generation sampling drum machine”

Well i can do the same thing with nerve it opens rex files + rx2 it also reads the rms of the loop which allows you to modify dynamics…you can extract the groove of your loop and add it to other sounds if you choose to expand your loop and you can change the dynamics of an individual hit in the loop…

Idk i just found myself doing the same things i did in Geist in nerve but way more fun and more manipulation

Steve duda the creator of Nerve helped develop Geist so i guess he got some features from geist and made nerve…its whatever you feel comfortable with

[/quote]

Wow that is cool I am going to get the demo

You are thinking of Guru, which FXpansion co-developed with Devine Machine + Steve Duda, and we released back in 2005.

Geist is a new all-FXpansion product, and has all the latest FXpansion bells and whistles: DCAM analogue modelling effects, high quality time stretching, a new audio analysis engine co-researched with the Center for Digital Msuic @ Queen Mary University of London.

[quote]SKoT_FX (08/08/2011)[hr]You are thinking of Guru, which FXpansion co-developed with Devine Machine + Steve Duda, and we released back in 2005.

Geist is a new all-FXpansion product, and has all the latest FXpansion bells and whistles: DCAM analogue modelling effects, high quality time stretching, a new audio analysis engine co-researched with the Center for Digital Msuic @ Queen Mary University of London.[/quote]

youre right ahahah omg thats what 27 hours without sleep gets you aahahha

But yeah Geist is really good i would really look into getting it ive played around with it at my friends studio i was thinking of guru this whole time lol

At the risk of this rapidly becoming a ‘Geist vs Nerve’ thread I’ve tried them both and Nerve had the edge for me. The sheer depth and creativity of its workflow is really inspiring, and makes creating beats and loops incredibly easy. I’ve found that what can take hours on another sequencer takes a few seconds in Nerve.

The other thing that got my vote was the support Steve gives on his Xfer Records website. Post any question or problem up there and you have a response from the man himself in less that 24 in most cases. What other developer offers that?