Glide Sylenth

Ok i’m trying to get a glide sound with my bassline on Sylenth but failing, i’ve been playing with the portamento but it’s not the sound I want.

Will it just be a case of having to extract the bass sound and moving it over to Simpler just so i can Glide or is there a way of doing it in Sylenth?

Check it out.

The portamento knob will tell you how long the time it takes from going from one note to the other. Click the mono/legato button. I don’t remember exactly, but you might need to slightly overlap the notes for one of the settings. Try that. However, I would avoid resampling it and dragging into simpler. Not the best idea IMO.

Ah yes thankyou H, had a play around and got something similar to the pattern i was thinking in my head.

What’s the difference between portamento and glide anyways? I always thought they were the same but in Simpler you have both options.

Portamento means to continuously shift from the last pitch to the current pitch starting at the beginning of a new note. Glide means to continuously shift from the current pitch to the next pitch starting sometime during the current note, finishing the process the moment the next note begins.

mono sounds are for best glide or slide sounds, also have the Mono legato switched on and mode switched to S, i find it best to start in the center 5.0 and work either side as the riff is playing.

detuned voices don’t slide so well :slight_smile:

[quote]jon_fisher (15/04/2010)[hr]

[/quote]

Unless he’s well hung! :wink:

[quote]howiegroove (15/04/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (15/04/2010)[hr]

[/quote]

Unless he’s well hung! ;)[/quote]

hahahahahaha

Thankyou :slight_smile: