Good Alternative to Sylenth?

Hi there,

is there a good alternative polyphonic Synth to the Sylenth to find in Ableton or Reason that I can use instead?

I got the Demo Version of Sylenth but was wondering if the Reason or Ableton Synth’s do the same job.

I mainly want to produce trancy and housy sound…

Thank you,

Denise :slight_smile:

[quote]Denise (16/05/2011)[hr]Hi there,

is there a good alternative polyphonic Synth to the Sylenthto find in Abletonor Reason that I can use instead?

I got the Demo Version of Sylenth but was wondering if the Reason or Ableton Synth’s do the same job.

I mainly want to produce trancy and housy sound…

Thank you,

Denise :)[/quote]

ableton does have a synth but you have to purchase it.

they all do the same job, it all boils down to which one you are most comfortable using at the beginning. - sylenth1 is quite simple to use!

reason has synths built in so you can use away at that if you have it!

Cool, So they are actually all doing soundwise the same job?

Or do others have special features which others are lacking?

Thanks

D :slight_smile:

[quote]Denise (18/05/2011)[hr]Cool, So they are actually all doing soundwise the same job?

Thanks

D :)[/quote]

you pay for the ‘special features’

but in essence they all do the same job

[quote]bryan spence (18/05/2011)[hr][quote]Denise (18/05/2011)[hr]Cool, So they are actually all doing soundwise the same job?

Thanks

D :)[/quote]

you pay for the ‘special features’

but in essence they all do the same job[/quote]

Well, I think to some extent you get what you pay for…to me some synths have better oscillator algorithms than others. I think Sylenth has a thicker, warmer, trancy-er sound than Ableton’s operator does. Another great inexpensive subtractive synth is ACE by Urs Heckman… [URL]404 Page Not Found | u-he

ACE sounds wicked but it really eats CPU… theres a free version - tyrel nexus 6 using the same engine…

That’s true :wink: it does eat your CPU for lunch…but it’s sooo worth it sometimes :stuck_out_tongue: