Good question to all

When I record with a Dance synth style bass I play from the key of A and scale up or down on the keys , my bass becomes weaker to the point where I try a new bass

I end up using a Subbass - I don’t want to maintain a particular standard or repeat a particular task with minimal variation lol . Help Where are the Videos on braking down all Plugins like Eq charts and reverbs and so on . ? Yes that sounds “Noobish” but whatever

There really aren’t any. All the answers to your questions are in all the videos, but there isn’t one video dedicated to it. You are gonna have to watch them over and pay close attention to what they are doing in there with respect to EQ and effects.

[quote]Redemption (17/05/2010)[hr]When I play a Dance bass and I start to go high or low from the MID my Bass becomes weaker and almost off to the point where I try a new bass . [/quote]

Sorry bro i didn’t really understand what you were trying to ask?? Could you re-word?

[quote]roben (17/05/2010)[hr][quote]Redemption (17/05/2010)[hr]When I play a Dance bass and I start to go high or low from the MID my Bass becomes weaker and almost off to the point where I try a new bass . [/quote]

Sorry bro i didn’t really understand what you were trying to ask?? Could you re-word?[/quote]

right Sorry about that I think faster then I type

When I record with a Dance synth style bass I play from the key of A and scale up or down on the keys , my bass becomes weaker to the point where I try a new bass -. lol

[quote]howiegroove (17/05/2010)[hr]There really aren’t any. All the answers to your questions are in all the videos, but there isn’t one video dedicated to it. You are gonna have to watch them over and pay close attention to what they are doing in there with respect to EQ and effects.[/quote]

Yup but it would be helpful to have a PlUg-in Section on this site . Lets say IM stuck with Eqn the Kick and Bass I could just jump on the plug-in section where it teaches about the basics of eq/mix “Kick and bass” together ! Or a Trick video where it brakes down mixing/Eq “Piano and Synths” together and so on . :cool: This site teaches well so it would be cool to have this

I think i know what your asking tell me if im wrong.

you want to know why (and how to fix) when a bass has a sweet spot say on c1 that when you play up or down the scale the sweet tone disappears?

there are couple of things you can try…

1. sometimes sampling the bass and dropping it into simpler can help retain the sweet spot over a wide range of notes.

2. use key tracking to modulate the volume of a second (sub) oscillator so that it starts raising in volume the lower down the keyboard you play.

3. use a bass enhancer plugin eg. Waves Rbass or Max bass

4. use a mulitband compressor either direct or parallel, select the band that has the sweetspot and heavily compress that spot and leave the others untouched… this will even out that particular range of frequencies.

we will be looking at more indepth tutorials soon… loads of folks on the survey have requested them.:smiley:

[quote]phil johnston (17/05/2010)[hr]we will be looking at more indepth tutorials soon… loads of folks on the survey have requested them.:D[/quote]

Thanks Phil  :smiley:

thats so awesome ! thanks phill :slight_smile: