Gotten great response from friends but would love impartial opinion

http://soundcloud.com/bubble-sweetman/b-sweetman-take-me-back-original-mixbr
br
Recently purchased NI Maschine (2 weeks ago) and this is the very first project I’ve attempted using maschine only.br
Would love some feedback.

hi mate, some cool original sounds in here, the first minute of the track is an issue for me, not enough going on and I lost interest easy, possibly don’t start the bass straight away and introduce at :30 secs and try a drum break just before it drops. br
br
I feel like you need something introduced during the break, like a sax or something to give variety, as the vocal was introduced before the break. br
br
Hope this helps mate. br
br
-=D

Yeah, i was surprised at what came in after the minute as the bass line begins to work when all in place but i’d got bored by that point.br
br
A slight few db adjustments needed on the mix as the vocal and bass synth were fighting for my attention in places on first listen. The next listen over it wasn’t a problem everything seemed balanced. It’s hard to capture that first listen thoughts the second time, lol.br
br
Work on that intro and you’re on to a nice lil number here. It’s just enough different with out been too different.