Hard Dance tutorial

suppose the tech era of hard house 2003-2004 was ok, where more and more djs were playing the old Hydraulix and RAW stuff. was good but the crowd didn’t take to it much.

some suggestions from me… tbh any defective audio\base graffiti, karim stuff is all good. the harder the better!! hopefully the embeds work, neevr tried it before

and what some people say is un-remixable and an all time classic

Good shout matt thumbs up

ok guys your calls were much better i think mine were a bit to old.

BUT PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOOD DON’T MAKE ANYTHING LIKE THIS

edit drunk post:D

[quote]jon_fisher (10/3/2009)[hr]ok guys your calls were much better i think mine were a bit to old.

BUT PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOOD DON’T MAKE ANYTHING LIKE THIS

[/quote]

that is a terrible record i love pretty much all house music but scouse house or whatever its called is absulute sh*te and i cant tolerate it whatsoever!!

Hi people. I am new to sonic academy. i love hard dance, especially hard trance and hardstyle. i hope sonic academy will come up with hard trance and hardstyle tutorials soon because this are the only 2 genres that i would love to learn to produce. mainly in UK they play more hard trance with some hardstyle, hardstyle is huge is holland.

current famous hard trance producers - alex kidd, kidd kaos, dark by design, kamui, lisa lashes, BK and alot more

current famous hardstyle producers - dj zany, technoboy, zatox, activator, headhunterz, showtek and alot more

a current popular hard trance/hard dance track:

a current popular hardstyle track:

note how much power and punch the above 2 tracks have. dancefloor devastation!

hoping for some good news from sonic academy soon!

oops looks like the links aren’t visible or something.

hard trance/hard dance - Amber D - Amber's Theme (Alex Kidd vs. Kidd Kaos Remix) - YouTube

hardstyle - - YouTube

have a listen people!

If you want to sound like anyone in hardhouse then theres only person

and that is Dom Sweeten(Base Graffiti, Defective Audio, Tomcat and

afew more to boot) the sounds and tracks this guy makes are unreal:cool:

Love to see some tutorials on how to sound like kidd kaos and dark by design.

Ive tried to find tutorials on the hard trance genre and there is so little around and althought it has elements of trance,hard trance is ultimately a different feel.

The one thing i would love to learn is how they create those distorted raspy leads.Yes it has a lot to do with various distortion plugins,hyper compression,saturation but ive been trying to emulate some of kidd kaos’s sounds and its been a challenge to say the least.

maybe some members could help me with this.

Hard trance tutorials please…:slight_smile:

For me Its gotta be BK

Just to re-itterate…

HTSL BK (Hard Dance)

No to hardstyle (sorry)

I’d love to see some tutorials on how to sound like Kidd kaos or Walt Jensen??

something like Bk’s “Sticks and Stoned”

Yep,we are talking Kidd Kaos and that is not Hardstyle.In the hard dance world this guy has won some big awards and has made a huge impact on the scene.would love to get an insight into his hard edged,distorted sounds.

Kidd Kaos Please.

Hell Yeah Dog!! K90 - Red Snapper all time great!!

He would be really interesting, he has had a huge career and can really produce. Before i moved to the dark side of trance I was following Andy Whitby pretty closley, I think for all the hard dance nuts that what a production tutorial he would do a wicked one!!

He has an awesome unique sound and really knows how to do technical productions packed full of clever effects and tricks, hook him up lads.

[quote]tokyo freakshow (10/25/2009)[hr]Hell Yeah Dog!! K90 - Red Snapper all time great!!

He would be really interesting, he has had a huge career and can really produce. Before i moved to the dark side of trance I was following Andy Whitby pretty closley, I think for all the hard dance nuts that what a production tutorial he would do a wicked one!!

He has an awesome unique sound and really knows how to do technical productions packed full of clever effects and tricks, hook him up lads.

[/quote]

Likewise, was never fond of the bouncier side of things (or ‘donk’ as some call it now) but some of the AWsum releases have been quite good recently.

Although Matt Lee (Gammer) sounds slightly better to me along these lines. The artist EP he released a while back was one of my favorites from the label.