It’s gotta be done :slight_smile:

Who’s +1 do I have?

plus 1 with conditions

1. it’s not bounce/scouse house
  2. its not Nrg/ Fin Nrg
  3. its not happy hardcore
  4. its not Filth
  5. its not 50% of the hardhouse currently being released

other than those simple rules i would love it, lol i know it sounds like a lot but i would only really enjoy hearing something similar to Bk’s level of production there are soooooo many hard dance producers atm that completely wrecked that genre for me.

!WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING!

IT TAKES MORE THAN A DISTORTED KICK, OFF BEAT BASSLINE AND REPEATING HOOVER SAMPLE TO MAKE HARDDANCE!!!

PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE FRUITY LOOPS!!!

JOKE :stuck_out_tongue:

In for a penny in for a pound guys!!!

i’m sure the sonic guys could come up with some good production tips stearing clear of John’s list of dont’s LOL!!!

[quote]jon_fisher (10/1/2009)[hr]plus 1 with conditions

1. it’s not bounce/scouse house
  2. its not Nrg/ Fin Nrg
  3. its not happy hardcore
  4. its not Filth
  5. its not 50% of the hardhouse currently being released

other than those simple rules i would love it, lol i know it sounds like a lot but i would only really enjoy hearing something similar to Bk’s level of production there are soooooo many hard dance producers atm that completely wrecked that genre for me.

!WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING!

IT TAKES MORE THAN A DISTORTED KICK, OFF BEAT BASSLINE AND REPEATING HOOVER SAMPLE TO MAKE HARDDANCE!!!

PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE FRUITY LOOPS!!!

JOKE :P[/quote]

FULLY agree.

then i happily and fully give my +1

as long as jons does and donts are followed then +1 for me to:D

+10 from me lol, i’ve been asking for it ever since i joined SA :slight_smile:

just don’t make it that ****e that they call hard dance now, it’s more like hardstyle with bleeps and burps, rolling basslines etc. I’ll be the first to admit i’m stuck in a timewarp when it comes to hard house, the best years were easily 2001-2004.

I agree with you Matt, hard house was best around that time.Lisa Lashes and the Tidy boys all made great compilations that i still listen to. Any tutorial on par with stuff that they would play gets my vote.

[quote]matt mara (10/1/2009)[hr]2001-2004.[/quote]

I think it was around 2005 when i got bored and moved away from hard house, so i agree!

what does the “hard dance” sound like?

[quote]phil johnston (10/2/2009)[hr]what does the “hard dance” sound like?[/quote]

Yeah, we need youtube links y’all!

hard dance to me was all the tracks and dj’s that didn’t want to be pigeon holed into either hardtrance or hardhouse. it was around 2000-2001 most dj’s started calling themselves harddance djs :slight_smile:

this is probably the most obvious one lol and one thats probably been posted on this forum a hand full of times already.

completely over played in its day but you can hardly mention Hardhouse Classics with out This

Loved this track and still do

and this probably doesn’t come into the hard dance but you can’t mention hardhouse with out de vit

Lost count the amount of times ive seen the whole club bouncing around to this lol

[quote]jon_fisher (10/2/2009)[hr]hard dance to me was all the tracks and dj’s that didn’t want to be pigeon holed into either hardtrance or hardhouse. it was around 2000-2001 most dj’s started calling themselves harddance djs :slight_smile:

this is probably the most obvious one lol and one thats probably been posted on this forum a hand full of times already.

[/quote]

This one please!

Jon most that you posted were classic hard house, thing is, anyways, burning up was made back in the mid 90s and still has that ‘housey’ feel, it was back in the Trade days when hard house originated and progressed more and more away from house. Today you can’t even see a similarity at all, weird huh.

Anyways

here is more BK genius, actually you know what, i should have said in my post: HTSL BK (hard dance)

hehe :slight_smile:

BK - Revolution (above)

BK - Bad ***

I also nearly posted: Breather - Come On (Prime Mover Mix), i know that Jon will agree, top top tune!

to be honest roben there are sooo many good track from back then that i couldn’t remember the names so i just posted links to the ones i could remember.

i do prefer the techy hard house from 2002-2004

[quote]jon_fisher (10/2/2009)[hr]techy hard house [/quote]

Oh god no, please dont give people more sub genre name ideas! lol

‘tech hard house’:smiley:

hahaha lol it was the only way to describe it