Having a nightmare re-installing sylenth

lennars support is balls. i have emailed him to no avail. i have a licence which i can prove but i have not got the dl link to the original dl or the setup files. does someone have it?? please help me this driving me nuts.br
br
br
br
br
br
br
br

I’ve read about this before - i think they are very good algorithm engineers - but not so good at customer support!!!

Not able to help but I have recently reinstalled my operating system due to HD failure and re-installed sylenth directed it to the reg key - says i’m registed and then whilst using it the voice comes on to tell me its the demo version!!! :w00t:

Can u not just DL the demo n register it with ur serial?

its registered with my serial number and shows it registered to me - still somehow thinks its in demo mode. Anyhow in the middle of trying to re-intall OS so will see if that makes any difference.

Yeah I had this problem on my machine, I completely uninstalled it and then made sure I ran everything with admin privileges (windows 8) and it worked…br
br
Also do you keep the license in the vst folder?

XPA - i dont stor the licence in the VST folder, but I am running windows 8. How do i ensure that I have got full admin priveliges? Wonder if my issue is similar to yours?

I had the same issue when upgrading to Windows 7, this was the response he sent:br
br
Hi,br
br
If you get the error ‘Invalid license file’, please copy the license file manually to the Sylenth1 data folder.br
For Windows this is the installation folder that contains Sylenth1.dll (by default C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Sylenth1).br
For OSX the data folder is: {USER}/Library/Preferences/LennarDigital/Sylenth1/br
br
br
br
Best regards,br
br
Lennardbr
br
Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Right click on ableton and click run as admin. Also as mentioned make sure the license is the install folder.