Help arpeggiators!

I want to master arpeggiators !! I am no master at playing on the piano well my right hand is very fast but my Left hand is slow so I want to know how to program tight Trance style leads then play the cords on my piano ! Messing with Lives arpeggiator right now .

Do we have Videos showing how to master arpeggiators ? is there a way where I can program the arpeggiator to play half the keyboard while I can use my right hand to play my own cords ?

I don’t like Piano roll and would rather play with my keyboard .

i personally am not that big a fan of abletons arp. tho its can do some cool things and i still use it. but if you want a good arp. search for some synths built in ones. alchemy has an awesome arp.

i played a arp preset on a yamaha motif and with some added fx i got a similar sound with alchemy ! !

theres a tut on here with arp being use with sylenth1 its a really good tutorial

[quote]Skylight (03/06/2011)[hr]i personally am not that big a fan of abletons arp. tho its can do some cool things and i still use it. but if you want a good arp. search for some synths built in ones. alchemy has an awesome arp.

i played a arp preset on a yamaha motif and with some added fx i got a similar sound with alchemy ! !

theres a tut on here with arp being use with sylenth1 its a really good tutorial[/quote]

Ok thanks I would love to know what video your talking about so i can study it also I want to know how to make that trance style Arp you hear in most trance tunes but messing with the arp all i seem to get is up down and it sounds a bit odd … The octaves represent 12 notes above ? or it skips one note ?

Not a problem homie.

Check out :

Tech Tips v 7 theres a really good tutorial there.

It requires sylenth1 so if you don’t have it that would be worth investing if your a student here.

[quote]Skylight (05/06/2011)[hr]Not a problem homie.

Check out :

Tech Tips v 7 theres a really good tutorial there.

It requires sylenth1 so if you don’t have it that would be worth investing if your a student here.[/quote]

yup I got it !~! Not bad for a Synth .Truly hard for me to give up “NEXUS” AKA Rompler , its like a bad drug that keeps me coming back even though I hate it . :hehe: I just don’t have time to program sounds . What are the best sound packs for sylenth ?

[quote]yup I got it !~! Not bad for a Synth .Truly hard for me to give up “NEXUS” AKA Rompler , its like a bad drug that keeps me coming back even though I hate it . :hehe: I just don’t have time to program sounds . What are the best sound packs for sylenth ?[/quote]

I felt the same way that you do right now in regards to not having time to program sounds, but as you progress you will soon realize that it’s an inevitable neccessity.

I used to use Nexus all the time as well, then graduated to Sylenth, and most recently Massive. It’s a progression, but if you can, stop aloting all your time to making music and use some of it to just sit down and learn a little bit at a time.

This means, reading the manual for whatever synth you decide to use (I’ve read mine a couple times over), watch some tuts, and play around with it yourself (that’s what she said:)).

When you go back to write, you will quickly realize that your songs will come together faster and better since you won’t be looking around through patches forever and the sounds you create will be exactly to your liking.

Trust me, it’s well worth it. I begrudgingly started doing this about a week ago and I have to admit that I’m already seeing some great results.

Just a tip.:wink:

[quote]jbachjr78 (05/06/2011)[hr][quote]yup I got it !~! Not bad for a Synth .Truly hard for me to give up “NEXUS” AKA Rompler , its like a bad drug that keeps me coming back even though I hate it . :hehe: I just don’t have time to program sounds . What are the best sound packs for sylenth ?[/quote]

I felt the same way that you do right now in regards to not having time to program sounds, but as you progress you will soon realize that it’s an inevitable neccessity.

I used to use Nexus all the time as well, then graduated to Sylenth, and most recently Massive. It’s a progression, but if you can, stop aloting all your time to making music and use some of it to just sit down and learn a little bit at a time.

This means, reading the manual for whatever synth you decide to use (I’ve read mine a couple times over), watch some tuts, and play around with it yourself (that’s what she said:)).

When you go back to write, you will quickly realize that your songs will come together faster and better since you won’t be looking around through patches forever and the sounds you create will be exactly to your liking.

Trust me, it’s well worth it. I begrudgingly started doing this about a week ago and I have to admit that I’m already seeing some great results.

Just a tip.;)[/quote]

Yeah I agree but when it comes to pads I can not give up OMNI lol :cool: That program produces lush pads ! When using nexus I never can find the sound or they all sound to “PHAT” . When I use a Synth it sounds warmer and I can make things sound sharper yet its still missing that Spark NEXUS brings to the table .

[quote]jbachjr78 (05/06/2011)[hr][quote]yup I got it !~! Not bad for a Synth .Truly hard for me to give up “NEXUS” AKA Rompler , its like a bad drug that keeps me coming back even though I hate it . :hehe: I just don’t have time to program sounds . What are the best sound packs for sylenth ?[/quote]

Finding a good sound bank for you depends on what you’re going for. Check out this site when you have a chance : http://www.voltagedisciple.com

They have terrifec presets for lots of synths including sylenth1 and massive. I;m sure you’ll be satified when you start going through what there offering :wink:

@ Skylight, no big deal, but you quoted the wrong person there buddy. That was what Salavation said. Not myself.

Cheers:)

[quote]jbachjr78 (06/06/2011)[hr]@ Skylight, no big deal, but you quoted the wrong person there buddy. That was what Salavation said. Not myself.

Cheers:)[/quote]

Sorry about that. I must have been pretty tired when I wrote that, not watching who I was quoting. Well I hope you enjoy what I said anyway. Mistakes happen I guess lol…

Sorry about that. I must have been pretty tired when I wrote that, not watching who I was quoting. Well I hope you enjoy what I said anyway. Mistakes happen I guess lol...

[/quote]

hey man was using Sylenth ...... When I tried to make a nice trance bass it sounded kinda weird . Maybe I should use Trilian for bass

You guys think we will see Videos using Spectrasonics ? :cool: I paid almost 1200 for there products and love each plugin ! Problem is I have so much stuff now it confuses the hell out of me .

ha after messing with Trillian I realized it has an apr and you can tweak out the sound! I will study up on how to make sounds but Trillian is one bad *** Vst ! :cool:

Just a tip.;)[/quote]

Now I see what you where saying about making your own sounds !! Its like having a guitar and you able to fine tune the strings . A bass synth in my track and fits perfectly all thanks to tweaking it out !