Help me "put a donk on it" please

as made famous i suppose by Alex K, thought i would re-live my youth and make a dance track in logic pro using a good old fashioned donk br
br
can anyone give me any pointers on how to go about designing my own donk ?? br
br
ive searched google and looks like i need FM modulation to get there, i have FM8 in my toolbox if anyone can help with that… how about our very own ANA maybe ? br
br
just wana make a nice dirty donk an go all hardstyle for a bit :w00t: br
br
thanks in advance

no one have any pointers then ?? :wink:

anybody ever use this forum lol ???

I believe this is an FM sound, but you don’t necessarily need a dedicated FM synth for it; any subtractive synth with an FM knob will do. I’d set the first oscillator (carrier) to a sine wave and the second (modulator) to a triangle. Use a C:M ratio of 2:1 or 3:1, and pitch the whole thing down like 24 semitones. Modulating both the amplitude of both oscillators along with the fm amount with a quickly decaying envelope (no sustain) should get you pretty close to this sound. Layer it with a nice subbass and there you go.br
br
If you’re too lazy to program it yourself (as I often am), you can download the “AAA Donk Machine” vst for free and use/tweak one of the many presets. Alternatively, the giant Synth1 zip bank has a few patches for it, and the Nexus expansion “House 1” has “BA The Donk Bass” (1 2).br
br
The AAA Donk Machine can be found here:Zippyshare.com -
Here’s another great VST, its free also: https://www.hintonandfairchild.co.uk/product/donkmachine2/br
br
Hope this helps!br
br
EDIT: Crap, I just realized that you were on Logic, so these last two VSTs won’t work since they’re windows only. There’s a “donky-ish” bass made in A.N.A. from the Trance 2.0 series in the bass video; its at around 9:23. Its a nice sound, but since A.N.A. isn’t an FM synth, it won’t have that distinctive “donky” character.br
br
Here’s a nice FM8 patch: DT_Donk_Bass1-2
And another: DT_Donk_Bass1