Help me Study :D

Ok now that im done with school i wanna dedicate 6 hours of everyday learning to produce music i want to start of as a noob to pick up some stuff i may have forgotten so if you guys have any ideas to what i shall study then write away i was thinking of starting off with.

A.Music Theory

B.Learning My Daw

C. Beatmaking

Etc idk ;D

Finish following SA tutorials :smiley: or if you guys have any stuff i can learn please send thanks now i gotta go to gym :smiley:

i personally interchange the importance of all these

[quote]tommyt (19/05/2010)[hr]i personally interchange the importance of all these[/quote]

I just want to expand my musical knowledge :smiley:

why six hours? make it 12 !

[quote]rickyflynn14 (19/05/2010)[hr]why six hours? make it 12 ![/quote]

THEN 12 IT SHOULD BE!

i’d got for learning your DAW first the others will drop into place much quicker and possibly along the way as you learn.

learning to make solid beats is the most important part of dance music imo, although music theory is great to know, great tracks have been produced by producers with very little knowledge of music theory.

Having such a strict schedule would not be for me.then again its beena long time sinceI had to study

I think the most important thing is have FUN and take breaks

Start with the beginners tutorial on your chosen DAW.

Then start watching all the HTSL tutorials and Tech Tips.

On the side read up on music theory.

i’ve started with the thing that i’ve thought was holding me back the most…music theory

so far I’ve learned that it’s not all that important to understand it in ‘academic’ terms, but it helps if you know whats ‘possible’

i’m planning to invest some time in to it again.

for the engineering part, uni courses go from basics of the sound waves, to recording techniques (mic placement, etc) than sound design (synthesis) and sampling, followed by mixing and mastering, :slight_smile:

When it comes to Theory, the most important bit to understand is your majors and your minors and whilst you’re at it you may as well learn your accidentals too.

Dude if your young enough go to college and learn about sound engineering or production or something. My only regret is that I didn’t!

You’re never too old to study mate!!! I’m going to be 28 at the end of June and have been accepted into a Level 3 Digital Musician part time course starting Sept :slight_smile:

Roben you obviously don’t have kids and a mortgage lol

ive had a hard time with theory myself, had to nuy 2 separate books because i kept getting stuck

[quote]mussi81 (19/05/2010)[hr]Roben you obviously don’t have kids and a mortgage lol[/quote]

Lol! Did that stop Bill Cosby?!!! NO! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]mussi81 (19/05/2010)[hr]Roben you obviously don’t have kids and a mortgage lol[/quote]

Thank f*ck!!

[quote]mussi81 (19/05/2010)[hr]Dude if your young enough go to college and learn about sound engineering or production or something. My only regret is that I didn’t![/quote]

Yeah im 18 and i got a student loan for Full Sail Im going to Miami Next year :smiley:

This goes for all of any age. if you want to be professional you have to do something about it. going to school wont do anything good for you unless you put the time and work into what your doing. connections are tough to get until u have the material youre proud of first and for most. profession takes Thousands of hours for anything.

just remember

do what you like , like what you do. and study things you are not good at!!!

18 is pretty young bro you gotta good jump start on yourself now take advantage of it. time will go by fast but a lot happens in 1 year :wink: if you know what you want to do as a goal, what are you gonna do every day to get there.

study man i’ve heard this before.

Knowledge is so powerful!