*Help Needed* Afrojack, Quintino - Selecta (Brenn Wilson Rebuild)(Beatport Remix Competition)

Made this for the Beatport competition. Anyway here’s a clip.

SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

And here’s the whole .wav file.

Zippyshare.com - (Will only be up for a day or so)

Enjoy

Thanks for the spam - appreciated

so its spam if a new member does it but not, if sayyyyy, someone else who’s been around a little longer does it a couple post below?

I’m just asking for help and critique. No reason to be an asshole.

Am I not supposed to put my productions in here?

Anyway thanks for the free bump

Well its your 1st post your not a subscriber and your asking us too vote - so yeah its is spam in my eyes

Considering I probably listen to 20 other peoples tracks a day from people i do know here an else where I am not going to listen and certainly not vote for someone I don’t know unless I think the track is significantly better than the rest

Plus you were not asking for critique you were asking us too vote - if you asked for a critique then I would not have posted anything and may have even listened too it

Anyway I do wish you the best - and don\t mean to discourage you - i probably just woke up grumpy as I have to go to London for work

Hey mate, tried to go to the link but it didn’t work. Repost it?

I’ll be honest (and this just doesn’t go for you, but for everyone on here), once I see the words…need votes… I automatically pass on a song regardless of who you are.

There is nothing that will kill your chances of winning a comp. quicker than requesting votes. We are all looking for subscribers, votes, fans etc., but you have to be a little smarter in your marketing. You will be far more successful at accomplishing your goal by simply marketing your songs and allowing the listeners to decide themselves.

Then, if someone posts that they like it, you have now opened up communication with that listener and can then approach them to place a vote for it, but coming out of the gates with a request is a bad marketing no no in any business.

Hope this information not only helps you, but any others on here who request votes.

[quote]slender (07/07/2011)[hr]Well its your 1st post your not a subscriber and your asking us too vote - so yeah its is spam in my eyes

Considering I probably listen to 20 other peoples tracks a day from people i do know here an else where I am not going to listen and certainly not vote for someone I don’t know unless I think the track is significantly better than the rest

Plus you were not asking for critique you were asking us too vote - if you asked for a critique then I would not have posted anything and may have even listened too it

Anyway I do wish you the best - and don\t mean to discourage you - i probably just woke up grumpy as I have to go to London for work

[/quote]

I agree soooo much :slight_smile:

[quote]jbachjr78 (07/07/2011)[hr]I’ll be honest (and this just doesn’t go for you, but for everyone on here), once I see the words…need votes… I automatically pass on a song regardless of who you are.

There is nothing that will kill your chances of winning a comp. quicker than requesting votes. We are all looking for subscribers, votes, fans etc., but you have to be a little smarter in your marketing. You will be far more successful ataccomplishing your goal by simply marketing your songs and allowing the listeners to decide themselves.

Then, if someone posts that they like it, you have now opened up communication with that listener and can then approach them to place a vote for it, but coming out of the gates with a request is a bad marketing no no in any business.

Hope this information not only helps you, but any others on here who request votes.[/quote]

I agree tooooooo :slight_smile:

[quote]jbachjr78 (07/07/2011)[hr]I’ll be honest (and this just doesn’t go for you, but for everyone on here), once I see the words…need votes… I automatically pass on a song regardless of who you are.

There is nothing that will kill your chances of winning a comp. quicker than requesting votes. We are all looking for subscribers, votes, fans etc., but you have to be a little smarter in your marketing. You will be far more successful ataccomplishing your goal by simply marketing your songs and allowing the listeners to decide themselves.

Hope this information not only helps you, but any others on here who request votes.[/quote]

I think thats probably what I wanted to say as well - I have never asked any one to comment here I hve just posted my tracks and commented on others

As for comps I only enter for the exposure, certainly not to win as what do they usually offer, a free soundcloud account wow wee your remix release to be released on their label and 15 minutes of fame - bah

I nearly have a 1000 followers only 4 months ago I had 220 odd - how did i get so many - gave a couple of things away free - gave promos to dj’s - engaged with other artists of the same genre - and lots of hard hard work - oh and not spanned on other music sites :stuck_out_tongue:

hey sorry guys maybe i should have clarified why i was doing this. I’m not getting votes to necessarily win, I’m just getting voted to get to the top page where people are more likely to listen to my remix on their own, vote, comment, etc. Its hard in this competition where people are obviously cheating (probably by creating their own fake accounts and voting for themselves) when they have more votes then plays. I’m just trying to get to a spot where my song will have more face value to the average visitor. I understand where your all coming from though and I’m sorry I didn’t approach this differently.

Anyway some critique would still be appreciated for the track. Its my first production using ableton after making the switch from fl so i’d still like some feedback. But if not no worries

Have you a sound cloud account Brenn if yo have post in some electro groups - I think you said it yourself those type of comps I would never even bother with for the exact reasons you pointed out yourself

But then its good practice

Main post edited to sound less needy. Check out the preview on soundcloud and download on zippyshare if you like it.

so whats this threat about ? about someone who need help ? who is this dude?

lol

Just kidding .