Each time I load the Ana synth, a box pops up, “We need to update the Ana 2 preset library - Press OK to update it now”
So I press ok, and it really quickly goes through, but doesn’t seem to complete, so I’m stuck with it continuing to pop up and it never seems to resolve or update. I’m running the latest version of Logic Pro X and it’s only just started doing this, so I’m wondering what the best fix is if anyone knows.
Thanks for any wise words!
Image of the notification:
Hi there and welcome to the forums.
- What version of ANA 2 are you running and have you installed latest ANA 2 version v2.5.2 ?
Try this :
- Close any instance of ANA 2 and close your DAW, then :
- From your Desktop either Press Cmd + Shift. + G or Finder Menu → Go → Go to Folder… and Copy/Paste this line including the tilde sign in front :
~/Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy
- Once in that directory you’ll find a ANA 2 folder ( if you look inside this folder there will be several files as well as your ANA 2.keyfile
- Start your DAW and launch a new instance of ANA. Click on “Register” and browse to your desktop to select your ANA2.key file, then click on “Open” to reactivate.
Check if the issue is resolved or not.
If that doesn’t work, then delete the above ANA 2 folder again, including your ANA2.keyfile ( make sure it’s the one in your User Library, so check the content before deleting ).
- Login into your account and head to your My Account/My Downloads/Plugins area.
Download latest ANA 2 v2.5.2 and your License Keyfile and run the installer on top of the current installation.
Start your DAW, launch ANA 2, Register it and check if that solves the issue.
@Tekalight, thank you! It’s good to be here. That worked like a dream - problem solved.
Thanks for your reply
Happy to read it’s now sorted on your end