Help with Ana - "We need to update the Ana 2 preset library - Press OK to update it now"

Each time I load the Ana synth, a box pops up, “We need to update the Ana 2 preset library - Press OK to update it now”

So I press ok, and it really quickly goes through, but doesn’t seem to complete, so I’m stuck with it continuing to pop up and it never seems to resolve or update. I’m running the latest version of Logic Pro X and it’s only just started doing this, so I’m wondering what the best fix is if anyone knows.

Thanks for any wise words!
ST

Image of the notification: Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 06.43.54

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

• What version of ANA 2 are you running and have you installed latest ANA 2 version v2.5.2 ?

Try this :

• Close any instance of ANA 2 and close your DAW, then :
  1. From your Desktop either Press Cmd + Shift. + G or Finder Menu → Go → Go to Folder… and Copy/Paste this line including the tilde sign in front :

~/Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy

1. Once in that directory you’ll find a ANA 2 folder ( if you look inside this folder there will be several files as well as your ANA 2.keyfile
  • 1- Move your ANA2.keyfile onto your Desktop.

• 2 - Then Delete the ANA 2 Folder.

1. Start your DAW and launch a new instance of ANA. Click on “Register” and browse to your desktop to select your ANA2.key file, then click on “Open” to reactivate.

Check if the issue is resolved or not.

If that doesn’t work, then delete the above ANA 2 folder again, including your ANA2.keyfile ( make sure it’s the one in your User Library, so check the content before deleting ).

1. Login into your account and head to your My Account/My Downloads/Plugins area.
  • Download latest ANA 2 v2.5.2 and your License Keyfile and run the installer on top of the current installation.

• Start your DAW, launch ANA 2, Register it and check if that solves the issue.

83kun4alDkWwpmkHt8ekBrhC9

@Tekalight, thank you! It’s good to be here. That worked like a dream - problem solved.

1 Like

Cool :sunglasses:
Thanks for your reply :wink:

Happy to read it’s now sorted on your end :+1:

I have the same issue on Win 10. I have tried deleting my ANA 2 keyfile but there is obviously a hidden keyfile somewhere which I have tried searching for to no avail as ANA 2 .5.4. is still loading. I have a lot of user and DLC packs so I don’t want to risk deleting the app and reloading. Any help gratefully received.

@Paul881

• Try to delete the entire ANA 2 folder located in :

C:/Users/Your-Username/AppData/Roaming/Sonic Academy

→ the AppData folder might be hidden by default on Windows
    you’ll need to Reveal Hidden Files & Folders

• After this, login into your account and re-download ANA 2.5.4 as well as your license keyfile.

• Reinstall ANA 2, start your DAW, launch a new instance of ANA 2 and authorise the plugin again.

→ Reintsalling on top of your cuurent install won’t dlete User or DLC content :wink:

Check if the issue is resolved after this :sunglasses:

I did this but I still get the same message about updating the ANA 2 preset library.

I remember getting this when I had a weirdly name preset in my user presets folder. Might be worth backing up any user presets and moving them out of the folder for a minute to see if that’s the issue.

1 Like

@Paul881

Yes, if it’s not your ANA 2 installation causing this issue ( now we’re sure since you’ve reinstalled ), then it is likely corrupted preset(s) in your User folder.

1 - Select “Open User Preser Folder” from ANA 2 pull down menu.

2 - MOVE your entire User folder onto your Desktop → this is your BACKUP !! Keep it safely.

3 - Issue should be gone, a new User folder will be automaticaly created.

4 - Keep your User folder on your Desktop as a Backup or keep a Copy of it !!

→ You will need to Copy/Paste your Presets files 1 after the other ( .SndPr files ) from your User/User Presets Backup folder into the new User/User Presets at the original location.

That’s the only way to identify which Preset(s) is causing the issue.

The video shows this on a Mac. The path for your User folder on a Windows PC is :

C:\ProgramData\Sonic Academy\ANA 2\Presets\Sound Presets → User\User Presets

Hi, I did this but it didn’t work. So I copied the DLC folder to my Desktop and then systematically loaded the packs back in one at a time. Bingo! I seemed to recall inadvertently installing an ANA pack in there (not ANA 2 :wink:) and this was the culprit. Anyway, problem solved, many thanks for all your help, especially over a weekend, much appreciated. :pray: :pray: :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks for your update on this Paul.

Happy to read that this si now resolved on your end :+1:

Yes, placing A.N.A 1.5 presets inside ANA 2 folders would cause this issue since the 2 plugins are not using the same preset files format & files structure. Even if you rename .preset ( A.N.A 1.5 ) to .SndPr ( ANA 2 ) they won’t load but they will cause this issue indeed.

But anyway, you nailed it down in the end and all sorted now ! :+1:

Cheers :sunglasses:

I just found that it resolved another problem in Ableton Live that I had been experiencing in that I was not being able to save or shut down and now it does both straight away!:+1::pray:

1 Like

Good to know as well :wink:

Thanks for sharing ! :+1: