Hip Hop Tutorial

I was flipping through and I noticed that there is no tutorial for how to construct a Hip Hop song. Is there any chance of that happening? I am a huge fan of the site and the tutorials are great especially ones centered around using sylenth. Thanks again.

:smiley:

I’ve mentioned before that there needs to be an urban tutorial to cater for people who want to produce that stuff, like yourself.

Nothing ever came of it though, sorry dude. Perhaps your request may spur something, but who knows.

+1 on this one.

Really want one in the style of maybe Pretty Lights? (Finally Moving, Sunday School, Fly Away Another Day).

The problem is a lot of these songs require either sampling or recorded instruments, which is hard for the average bedroom producer…

Still, some of the synth lines in Hip Hop beats these days are so cool, and there’s so little info on them.

It’d be awesome!

+1 for Pretty Lights

Though i would love to see Bryan rapping :smiley:

[quote]slender (02/12/2010)[hr]+1 for Pretty Lights

Though i would love to see Bryan rapping :D[/quote]

You haven’t seen Phil rap yet have you?! So funny :laugh:

[quote]Roben (02/12/2010)[hr][quote]slender (02/12/2010)[hr]+1 for Pretty Lights

Though i would love to see Bryan rapping :D[/quote]

You haven’t seen Phil rap yet have you?! So funny :laugh:[/quote]

Really - where can I find that?

just thought id pop in a bump :wink:

+1 for the psychedelic hip hop/pretty lights sound…hudson mohawke, rustie, flying lotus sounds…

Hello i’m new here, so i guess hip-hop tutorials don’t exist in sonic academy?

• 1 for Hip Hop tutorial

I’m from Atlanta, Georgia. Home of Hip-Hop.

So, yeah, I will kill (mostly for the street cred) for a quality Dirty South / Crunk tutorial, such as:

Don't care about the rapping, either. Just wanna know how to produce the instrumental. Absolutely love the the banging percussion, huge bells and pads, and the female vocals.

Ah, so dirty. Soooooo dirty. I need a shower.

+1 for hip hop tutorials…would love to see how hip hop tracks are produced :slight_smile:

i might make a few quick videos for some hip-hop / electro fusion if people want me to. :smiley:

I really want something like Gramatik and Pretty lights!

For sure a Pretty Lights tutorial!

±±±±±±±±± 1

[quote]SacZwift (21/12/2011)[hr]+1 for the psychedelic hip hop/pretty lights sound…hudson mohawke, rustie, flying lotus sounds…[/quote]

Yes yes! Co-signed! There needs to be some kind of hip-hop tutorial, and even further stuff like Rustie/Hudson Mohawke/Tokimonsta/Teebs/Flying Lotus type productions as well.

BUMP! A hip hop tutorial would be amazing. I can’t fine ANY online. Be the first to do this Sonic Academy, PLEASE!

A Hip Hop tutorial would be great!