House Lofi Effect!

How do!

Really been getting into my House music lately & noticed that alot of tracks have this lofi filtered effect on drums & synths etc. I’ve been reading abit about Tape saturation and downloaded izotope vinyl plugin but it wasnt really giving me the results I wanted neither was Abletons Redux. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get something like this?

I’ve posted some samples below.

Nikola Gala - Oasy is a good example of what I’m talking about, you can hear it on the stabs & hats etc

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psFqo7GsRt4]- YouTube

Here’s another good example.

Shlomi Aber & DJ Sneak - After Touch (Shlomi Aber Version)

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bha3PM5gubY]Shlomi Aber & DJ Sneak - After Touch (Shlomi Aber Version) HQ - YouTube

All the elements seem to have this dirtiness about them, rather then being “clean”

Cheers :cool:

take a look at the d16 group stuff, got some nice distortion units

I’ll have a look at them cheers. Distortion never really crossed my mind when I’ve been thinking of this but it kinda makes sense now. :cool:

Have you tried sending Ableton’s signal to an external mixer and recording back into Ableton.

I’ve been doing this recently with good results, try a few different levels on your mixer while recording.

I could listen to dirty hats all nite long :smiley:

[quote]5id (15/05/2011)[hr]Have you tried sending Ableton’s signal to an external mixer and recording back into Ableton.

I’ve been doing this recently with good results, try a few different levels on your mixer while recording.

[/quote]

This in a nutshell really :slight_smile:

[quote]seegeemusic (15/05/2011)[hr]I’ll have a look at them cheers. Distortion never really crossed my mind when I’ve been thinking of this but it kinda makes sense now. :cool:

[/quote]

Vibes advice about the D16 stuff is cool Mate - The Devastator & Decimort are cool.

http://www.d16.pl/index.php?menu=203

Bitcrusher is probably what you are looking for - the Decimort - or summat like it.

Reduce it down to 12bits for a start.

What DAW are you using?

[quote]5id (15/05/2011)[hr]Have you tried sending Ableton’s signal to an external mixer and recording back into Ableton.

[/quote]

Filth Mate! :smiley:

[/quote]

So are you just overdriving the signal?!?

[quote]Mussi81 (15/05/2011)[hr][quote]5id (15/05/2011)[hr]Have you tried sending Ableton’s signal to an external mixer and recording back into Ableton.

[/quote]

So are you just overdriving the signal?!?[/quote]

I just start recording a pattern while tweaking the mixer and then listen to the results.

[/quote]

I don’t have a external mixer I’m afraid.

I’ll give the D16 a butches and see what I can come up with.

Cheers for reply’s

:cool:

Duh… you’re on Ableton… just read the 1st post :) 

Dont forget about the Erosion plug in Live.

The 909 hats preset in decimort is cool.