How do I export a project from one computer to another?

Hi, I was wondering how do I export a project I am working on in Cubase 6 from my laptop to another computer, without losing all the samples etc?

I tried saving the project folder to my external hard drive and then opening it in the other computer, but when I open the project in the other computer most of the samples etc are missing from the project.

Any help would be great thanks.

**** copied from Cubase.net*****

Re: Collect and Save all or something similar?

by matjones » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:56 am

if you use a new folder for each project you create and import each sample you use into your project folder then you can either just zip up the project folder or use the backup project option.

With the backup project option you can either consolidate your audio edits which means that whoever is at the other end won’t be able to undo them or leave them as they are, i cannot remember where the setting is for this but read the entries on ‘backup project’ in your manual.

This is something myself and some of the other guys i’m involved with do all the time and it works beautifully.

Although be aware also that if you both have different plug-ins this is likely to cause problems unless you freeze the relevant track/s or render them first, again your friend won’t be able to edit the plugin settings… our guitarist and i do this all the time.

matjones

Nice one Phil, thanks.