How do i save the tutorial videos?

hi,

Im a fully subscribed member and i Love the site and the videos but how do i download the full set of tutorials for say “How to make trance? etc” for viewing later. the reason i ask is its difficult trying to the browser window open and ableton at the same time as clicking on one window hides the other etc…so progressing through tutorials is a very slow process for me.

Is this allowed im guessing its not and if so why not?

my Realplayer downloader plugin wont download the videos from your site? ive tried Firefox and Chrome and it still doesnt work.

it is actually intention for you to not able to download the video content from this website. this prevents people from posting it on video streaming websites thus defeating the purpose of people signing up for sonic academy which then defeats sonic academy’s business model :slight_smile:

[quote]berwin9 (21/05/2010)[hr]it is actually intention for you to not able to download the video content from this website. this prevents people from posting it on video streaming websites thus defeating the purpose of people signing up for sonic academy which then defeats sonic academy’s business model :)[/quote]

berwin that may well be the intent but sadly the tutorials always end up on various dodgy sites anyway (its just a question of time) which begs the question why penalize paying customers by making it harder for them to download the videos.?

I remember someone posted a whole HTSL tutorial on a website i saw it and i loved it and i joined :smiley:

[quote]krome (21/05/2010)[hr][quote]berwin9 (21/05/2010)[hr]it is actually intention for you to not able to download the video content from this website. this prevents people from posting it on video streaming websites thus defeating the purpose of people signing up for sonic academy which then defeats sonic academy’s business model :)[/quote]

berwin that may well be the intent but sadly the tutorials always end up on various dodgy sites anyway (its just a question of time) which begs the question why penalize paying customers by making it harder for them to download the videos.?

[/quote]

i know that, but the amount of videos out there would be more rampant than it is now if that were the case. although i do see your point

you’ll be able to purchase downloads on the site soon!

kev

I used to download the videos to file for my own personal and ease of use, but berwin9 is right, there is too much piracy by cheap scum out there, I know it’s much harder to be able to download the videos now.

[quote]kev sonic (21/05/2010)[hr]you’ll be able to purchase downloads on the site soon!

kev[/quote]
would subscribers have to pay too?

[quote]krome (21/05/2010)[hr][quote]berwin9 (21/05/2010)[hr]it is actually intention for you to not able to download the video content from this website. this prevents people from posting it on video streaming websites thus defeating the purpose of people signing up for sonic academy which then defeats sonic academy’s business model :)[/quote]

[/quote]

Lets not forget most people don’t have their studio/music PC’s online anyway. So i can’t watch and do at the same time, i have to watch, then go do, then go back and watch etc… :slight_smile: :frowning:

[quote]berwin9 (21/05/2010)[hr]it is actually intention for you to not able to download the video content from this website. this prevents people from posting it on video streaming websites thus defeating the purpose of people signing up for sonic academy which then defeats sonic academy’s business model :)[/quote]

yes i understand that, but why whould the paying customer get screwed. its not a big deal i was just wondering.

thanks for the answer.

[quote]irishbloke (21/05/2010)[hr][quote]berwin9 (21/05/2010)[hr]it is actually intention for you to not able to download the video content from this website. this prevents people from posting it on video streaming websites thus defeating the purpose of people signing up for sonic academy which then defeats sonic academy’s business model :)[/quote]

yes i understand that, but why whould the paying customer get screwed. its not a big deal i was just wondering.

thanks for the answer.[/quote]

well kev did say we will be able to download soon :slight_smile: