How does the Real Strings patch work?

I’ve been trying to figure out how the factory “Real Strings” patch works, and in the absence of any ANA documentation I’m stumped on two things:br
br
First, the patch only uses OSC 4 and OSC 6. OSC 6 is for a really short and quiet attack waveform named “Strings” which you can barely hear. OSC 4 generates the chromatic content with a waveform called “String”, and there doesn’t seem to be any filtering or active modulation in the patch other than some pitch LFO. QUESTION: Is the “String” waveform an actual long-form looped sample, or is it just a waveform slice, like you find on the Virus?br
br
Second, the amp envelope on OSC 4 has a 14-second attack, but you can hear the sound almost instantly; it’s pretty usable for fast pad parts. On any other synth, you wouldn’t be able to hear a patch with a 14-second attack until you held the note at least a couple of seconds. QUESTION: How is ANA able to produce an audible sound at note-on with such a long attack? Is it not starting at zero? Have I missed some gain-related modulation?br
br
Thanks!

Yeah its just a looped string sample.br
br
everything in OSC 4 5 are 1 or 2 second loops.br
br
I wanted the same vibe you got from some of the 90s SS synths like Roland D50 Yamaha SY77 etc. Just something a bit different.br
br
Those early sample based synths used a short attack combined with a looped waveform to create a bunch of sounds and i loved how they sounded. and adds more flexibility compared to standard analog.