How important are good monitors

what would be better?

1.average monitors in excellent in an excellent environment? (ie bass traps absorbers room dimensions etc)

1.crap environment with excellent monitors?

Option 1 :smiley:

[quote]slender (07/11/2010)[hr]ICN the man from IKEA :P:D:hehe:[/quote]

The Man from Ikea - he say LOL

ICN have you got a link to an online store where you can ge the pads you have or atleast a store that ships to Holland lol, im interested in trying this out, but dont have a small fortune to spend.

Heres what they are Mate.

[url]http://www.thomann.de/ie/the_takustik_isopad.htm[/url]

Check the dimensions of the pads & your monitors. You can get different sizes.

Normal & Bigger.

It might be on the irish version of the site - so check that the price is correct as well by going back in to Holland.

I’ve the same brand / type.

They are very cheap IMO

Cheap good or cheap bad? :stuck_out_tongue:

Duh. Cheap = as in affordable.

Yeah :slight_smile:

Not sure I need then as my monitors are on little stands with spikes, or do you think they would make a difference?! Dunno

Any ideas what size id need for the krk rp6g2? Im not good with measurements :frowning:

I think you can use both together… its all about decoupling isnt it?

The Spikes probably do the same thing.

Some of the Guys here in the past said they use both. I was gonna get stands, but my little fella is an ape & figured that he’d be shaking them - so went for the desk with the wider top shelf instead. Works well.

Its probably just me, but I was concerned about them falling off the stands. No-one ever came back & said how they secured them :w00t:

[quote]jjdejong0 (07/11/2010)[hr]Any ideas what size id need for the krk rp6g2? Im not good with measurements :([/quote]

Jan you lazy Cnut. This isnt Trance, you cant DL a Midi on this one! JOKE!! :cool:

Go to the KRK w.site - get the dimensions!! :hehe:

Tell me what they are & I’ll find the pads for ya :slight_smile:

I’m off to Bed.

KRK’s = (H x W x D) (32.1cm x 22.5cm x 26.6cm)

THE T.AKUSTIK ISO-PAD 5 = 300 x 40 x 170mm

Your monitors would be 1 + a bit centimeters over each side of the Pad. That’s grand.

[url]http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_takustik_isopad.htm[/url]

Aw ICN i wub u! Its not that im actively trying to be lazy its just my internet is ****ed so all i got is my phone and its hard to check simple things like this. Tbh if i was a techno fan i would be pissed off at trance people getting to simply download midi with great melodies where as with techno you only have ONE midi to download with a great melody . . . In case your wondering Grooveyard - Mary Go Wild.

Cool Jan - They’ve made a big difference for me, so I’m sure you’ll hear the benefit :slight_smile:

Has anyone tried the new KRK headphones ?

[quote]Roben (07/11/2010)[hr]I’m going to get the KRK RP8’s i think.[/quote]

Rob, listen to both them and the 6’s - I ended up going for the sixes as I felt the 8s would be a bit big for my room. They sound great, no excessive bass.

[quote]andyopel (08/11/2010)[hr]Has anyone tried the new KRK headphones ?[/quote]

Know if they’re any good? I’m getting new headphones for xmas and still torn which i’d prefer.

Don’t want the Sony mdrv700’s again or the senheisser hd25’s. Looking for something more ‘producer’.

[quote]Bouffont (08/11/2010)[hr][quote]Roben (07/11/2010)[hr]I’m going to get the KRK RP8’s i think.[/quote]

Rob, listen to both them and the 6’s - I ended up going for the sixes as I felt the 8s would be a bit big for my room. They sound great, no excessive bass.[/quote]

That’s interesting actually, i’ll have to do that! Thanks.

I listened to the krk rp 8s and 6es i felt with the size of my room that the 6es would be better. Theres also à bit of à debate that the 6es overall sound better than the 8s. Hey ICN i take it i have to buy 2 sets of those pads or does one set give you pads for 2 monitors, it wasnt really explained on the site.