How much time a day / week do you spend making music?

I work from home I tend to start at 8 and finish about 12 or 1 and then am producing till about 8 o’clock some nights excluding wednesday. and norm 1 full day at the weekend… so quite alot! The Mrs get a bit pissed off but once I start something I like to finish it as soon as poss and I pretty much sleep what I’m trying to avhieve! Then I’ll take a week off when find it hard to get ideas, the last month or so has been thoug as I’ve only complete 3 half tune! learning a lot however!

So to answer the question about 35 hours a week or maybe even more!

[quote]ICN (19/07/2010)[hr][quote]rcorbo (19/07/2010)[hr]Not as much as I would like to these days.  Maybe 2 hours a day during the week after work and maybe 4 to 5 hours at night on the weekends once the wife and kids are off to bed.[/quote]

Very similar to me…

Me - Creeping into bed @ 3 in the morning hoping I dont get “What time is it?” :smiley:

Although better that than - “Help Help! Intruder!!!”

Eh, sorry, wrong bedroom… :Whistling: :hehe:[/quote]

LOL, I’m right there with you!  My little guy is 2 1/2. The good thing is he is extremely interested in the gear so I let him sit on my lap while I work.  I also let him bang away on the keys and I record it…came up with some good bits that way lol.

@Rick

Haha!

Yeah - Have done that a couple of times - You’re right.

Sometimes I hear him banging on his little Keyboard in his room, shouting into the Mic & think - Hey - Thats cool.

Buying a Monkey for that type of thing would be a lot cheaper - You wouldnt have to send it to College or pay for Playstations.

Bananas are cheap & plentiful :wink:

[quote]gofunk (19/07/2010)[hr]

So to answer the question about 35 hours a week or maybe even more![/quote]

Living the Dream there gofunk!

Not as much as I would like too as I have a job, house and 4 month old son to manage but every spare moment I get I do try and get in the studio, usually an hour and a half in the evening then 4 hours on a saturday and a sunday.

i’ll go through spurts when it just does not happen for me so i wont bother for a week or two and i’ll cane the xbox instead but as a rule i generaly spend 1 to 2 hrs a night on either ableton or x box live i rarely get chance on weekends either as i have my kids then

i also find though with me been a beginner and lacking in knowledge its better to do it in short spells rather than caning it for hours and ending up extremely frustrated when i cant achieve what i want to do lol