How to accept an award

This is Fever Ray accepting an award. Weird but awesome… :smiley:

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=Fever Ray tar emot pris för Årets Dans på P3 Guld - YouTube allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true”>

Wtf? Who the f*ck is fever ray and why is he acting and dressed like that?

She is the woman from The Knife. Mad,but seriously talented.

Fever Ray voice reminds me of Elizabeth Fraser

Clearly feels her music isn’t good enough to speak for her so must dress like an idiot to suppliment… much like lady gaga

Might notbe your cup of tea, but this is great.

sounds like cheesy 80s music…

Well it’s rex the dog remix, so apart from a couple of parts used, it’s not even a fever ray production lol :slight_smile:

You can’t be dissing Fever Ray. One of the best albums of 2010 that was. Absolutely sublime vocals and composition.

Check out ‘keep the streets empty’ or ‘when I grow up’. Can’t post links as I’m on my phone.

[quote]jonsloan (18/01/2011)[hr]You can’t be dissing Fever Ray. One of the best albums of 2010 that was. Absolutely sublime vocals and composition.[/quote]

Agreed - still sounds like the Couteau Twins though which is a good thing :wink:

[quote]jonsloan (18/01/2011)[hr]You can’t be dissing Fever Ray. One of the best albums of 2010 that was. Absolutely sublime vocals and composition.

Check out ‘keep the streets empty’ or ‘when I grow up’. Can’t post links as I’m on my phone.[/quote]

I can and I will, I think she sucks. After hearing about 3 of her songs (you can’t be objective by listening only to one) in youtube I decided that she sucks. I don’t like her and I don’t think she has talent, her voice gives me goosebumps and not in a good way. Winning an award for best album of 2010 doesn’t grant someone talent… Still, this is only my opinion, if you like her, go on and enjoy her music.

Dude lighten up.

Of course winning an award doesn’t create talent but then your lack of enjoyment of her music doesnt take it away either. She clearly has it regardless of whether you enjoy her music or not. And thank you, yes, I will go on enjoying it. Ta.

Also I am not surprised that some people don’t like Fever Ray, it is a bit of an acquired taste.

[quote]TheAnt (19/01/2011)[hr]Also I am not surprised that some people don’t like Fever Ray, it is a bit of an acquired taste.[/quote]

Agreed, I think she’s pretty cool :cool:

If you don’t like Fever Ray you probably won’t like The Knife either. This was quite big in 2006 (the Trentemøller Remix was very popular, but I got told off last time I posted a remix :wink: ):

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=- YouTube allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always”>

Not feeling it, just too boring. But then people find Rhiannas music interesting, so it just goes to show how diverse we as people are and how we like and dislike different things.

Each to their own and all that, the world still spins =)

Nothing personal on you guys, just got pissed off by her voice. Anyways, if you are talking about good music, not that ****ty top 40 (although there are some descent productions over there, despite the terrible lyrics and voices), there are way better options than fever ray…

Cool tune, all those cool sounding synths is right up my street and I like her strange voice :slight_smile:

Her face in that awards video reminds me of this girl that I gave a facial to awhile back. I think she even made the same noise.:wink: