How to follow tutorials for students who doesn't have Sylenth?

I have been kind of frustrated lately trying to replicate some synth sounds from the Tutorials . i mean there is certain limitation that your synthetizer might have . but Sylenth seems to have more Modulation Features than other synths that i have been using . and sometimes i feel that i dont get the exact sound from my synth. does that mean that i reached the limitation of my synth? or maybe i am still a noob that need to practice more :)?

should i have to purchase Sylenth ?

or should i keep trying to emulate those sounds with the same synth?

i know that all the synths have different filters and envelopes but this features of my synth get me sometimes confused

what synth do you use?

Image Line Sawer

so you’re saying that you’ve made all your tracks with just that synht?

never used it, but from what I can see, yes you need something more versatile! lol

[quote]alinenunez (16/04/2010)[hr]Image Line Sawer[/quote]

wouldn’t replicate sylenth sounds as this is only a single osc synth, good synth though :slight_smile:

any 4 oscillator subtractive synth will do

[quote]jon_fisher (17/04/2010)[hr][quote]alinenunez (16/04/2010)[hr]Image Line Sawer[/quote]

wouldn’t replicate sylenth sounds as this is only a single osc synth, good synth though :)[/quote]

Sawer got 2 oscilators John :slight_smile: . the good thing of this Synth is that have a powerfull engine that reproduce and imitate most of sylenth patches. but the issue comes with the Modulations.it only have a one LFO wich is very limited . and the Filter is kind of different . i can fix this with a sampler but the results is not the same. but i think that Sylenth is great synth and more user Friendly ,plus not to mentioning the Filters that it have it just melt the sound so easy.

[quote]alinenunez (17/04/2010)[hr][quote]jon_fisher (17/04/2010)[hr][quote]alinenunez (16/04/2010)[hr]Image Line Sawer[/quote]

wouldn’t replicate sylenth sounds as this is only a single osc synth, good synth though :)[/quote]

Sawer got 2 oscilators John :slight_smile: . the good thing of this Synth is that have a powerfull engine that reproduce and imitate most of sylenth patches. but the issue comes with the Modulations.it only have a one LFO wich is very limited . and the Filter is kind of different . i can fix this with a sampler but the results is not the same. but i think that Sylenth is great synth and more user Friendly ,plus not to mentioning the Filters that it have it just melt the sound so easy.[/quote]

well yeah i guess if you count it’s sub oscillator and noise oscillator it has three, i was referring to its main oscillator which it only has one of and only Sawtooth but that doesn’t mean its not capable of some great sounds. :slight_smile:

aline, go download the demo version of sylenth. it will have a annoying voice over ever minute or so but you get most of the functionality of the synth except for some modulation sources. ive used the demo version for over a year and if you get creative you can get past the voiceover

I did dowloaded the demos today tommy . thank for the Tip .:slight_smile:

massive ?

how about a tutorial for massive?

maybe there is one already !

I just noticed that windows 7 is not on the sylenth system req after trying to get the demo to run for 30 min haha is this true?

If the tutorial is done in Ableton Live for example does it not make sense to use Ableton’s native synths like Analogue or Operator to do the Synth parts?

I guess not everyone has the suite of apps so its a similar situation