How to get this Bass Sound

Hi everyone,br
br
I’m looking to get that bass sound found on techno labels like Drumcode.br
br
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJwTI58Lhzsbr
br
br
I’ve watched a few reverb kick/bass tutorials and tried to figure it out by myself, but i get nowhere…br
br
it sounds like crap, if i put a gated reverb, low pass filter , eq and some sidechain on a kick or bass sound. I 've been trying it for weeks now… maybe i miss something…br
br
anyway, i would really appreciate some advice

Hey - good tune! br
br
I’ve been looking into that kind of bass for a while now. Steve Mulder is another producer who makes some banging techno with those very low rumbley yet kinda groovy basses. I love it.br
Unfortunately i havent really managed to copy that kinda of sound, however im happy with what ive created along the way and thats what it should be about really - happy accidents.br
br
There is a free sonic academy video on youtube - “creating low end shizzle” and that was really helpful in terms of how you could go about creating those kinda sounds. Basically creat a basic pattern with some percussion or any kind of bassy sample, send that to a massive reverb and then maybe mess it up with some delay - basically **** around with it while you record the audio on another channel for a couple of minutes.br
br
Now you can just loop small sections of that new audio until you find something you like. You’ll be surprised with what you find. If you dont like the initial sound trying pitching it down until its really low or add a filter to cut out any high freq signals.br
br
That technique and the general one of using really low perc samples are what ive found to be helpful.br
br
Saying that. I would love to hear any opinions on how the drumcode guys do it.

That’s the best approach to it as Elixir has given above.br
It’s all about trying out things. Sending out the kick signal to a return track with a big reverb. Sidechain it with the kick again and apply some delay. Or pre-delay in the reverb.

thx will try that!