How to get this super low end?

Hi guys! First of all thanks for all the trick you share in the forum :slight_smile: I am a newbie myself in production, just playing around a little bit.

I was listening to this Nikola Gala happy techyhouse song - Greenball [url]Nikola Gala - Greenball (Original Mix) - YouTube

in my monitors and would like to know how the hell can the guy get this super low end bass coming in 3:19.

Is it just a KICK with a very nice low end? Maybe a top kick and a synth with a basic sin wave with the gate trick to add low end to the kick?

Or you think it is just a low end bassline sounding?

So many questions…:w00t:

Thank you in advance and happy beats!

[quote]na0s (11/01/2012)[hr]Hi guys! First of all thanks for all the trick you share in the forum :slight_smile: I am a newbie myself in production, just playing around a little bit.

I was listening to this Nikola Gala happy techyhouse song - Greenball [url]Nikola Gala - Greenball (Original Mix) - YouTube
in my monitors and would like to know how the hell can the guy get this super low end bass coming in 3:19.

Is it just a KICK with a very nice low end? Maybe a top kick and a synth with a basic sin wave with the gate trick to add low end to the kick?

Or you think it is just a low end bassline sounding?

So many questions…:w00t:

Thank you in advance and happy beats![/quote]

The reason the low end sounds so good at 3:19 is because there is a high pass filter on everything before the drop, then after the drop the high pass is turned off and the sub bass is introduced.

The high pass is on for over two minutes so your ears get used to it and the drop sounds better.

This is the same trick as when DJs cut the low frequencies for a couple of bars then drop it back in.

btw it is a kick and sub bass after the drop.

Thanks for the reply. I am gonna try this technique and see what happens :smiley: because I really love how it sounds in the track:exclamationmark:

Peace & beats!

This is a commonly used trick of the trade in house music.

Increase the amount of low you reduce in the break. And at the drop you have the kick in it’s fullness along with the bass which make the drop booming.

Another thing you could try is leaving a silent gap just before the drop. 2 beats is already enough.

Lots of producers put a lot of time and effort in creating the perfect break and drop in their tracks. Listen & try a lot!

Thanks for the advice again. It is incredible how just filtering can make this sense of bassbomb.