How to I mimic the beggining bass in this song?

Pulser - Broken Universe (Original Mix) - YouTube

The bass that comes in around 0:56, I can get a very similar bass but I can’t for the life of me get the right notes going, so if any of you could tell me what kind of bass that is that would be great :stuck_out_tongue:

also the random crashes throughout the intro just have a LOT of delay on them to sound like that right?

Thanks for your time :smiley:

The bass sounds like 2 seperate parts a stabby one and a more open 5th saw.

The stabby saw is similar to the one in the trance tut but sounds like there is a subtle 3rd or 5th note and the filter env is much tighter

the lower bass note is just a low triangle with a saw and a 5th saw with a bit of filter env.

thats where id start any way.

[quote]phil johnston (16/06/2011)[hr]The bass sounds like 2 seperate parts a stabby one and a more open 5th saw.

The stabby saw is similar to the one in the trance tut but sounds like there is a subtle 3rd or 5th note and the filter env is much tighter

the lower bass note is just a low triangle with a saw and a 5th saw with a bit of filter env.

thats where id start any way.[/quote]

thank you sooooo much, I am gonna get right on that as soon as I am done with the trance tutorial (your referring to the peak time one right?)

yeah