How To Make - Deep House 2018 with P-LASK / 649

Deep House 2018 with P-LASK

View Course

Following his popular Ableton courses with us, Sonic Academy proudly welcomes back LA based Paul Laski aka P-LASK for his first ‘How To Make’ course, and this week we’re building a groove laden Deep House track from scratch.

Released on Modern Classics, P-LASK recreates his tune ‘Bring It Right Back’ - featuring hip vocal samples interacting with each other on top of a distinct Garage groove that is sure to evoke Danny Tenaglia like New York loft party vibes.

Starting with a template, we build different grooves in the session view before adding bass lines, the all important jazz style chords, sampled pads, sax and vocals, so we have a variety of loops to choose from.
We then build a selection of different scenes so we can record them live into the arrangement view before going more in-depth to edit and tweak our arrangement into a more structured song.

Finally we add automation to create interest and help with transitions, before mixing down the track and carrying out a self-master so it’s ready for the club.

Packed full of tips and tricks from a certified Ableton instructor, we guarantee you’ll pick up some new techniques to take your skillz to the next level with this one!

Enjoy!

Not a Deep House producer, but I found this course to be very informative as an Ableton user. Thank you!

1 Like

Super informative… Thanks for this superb tutorial.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your time and sharing your knowledge.

1 Like

very good tutorial! Thanks!

1 Like

where can I find the P-Lack Bass preset for ANA 2?

Hey @TopKnife

Are you following the tutorial on Ableton Live ? If yes, is the preset not loading with the project file.
haven’t been through the tut yet, to tell you right now.

You’re talking about the “Tutorial 05 - Bass” video BTW ??

Yes.
But i found that the same preset (with a diferent name) opens with the bass track of the project file that can be dowloaded with the tutorial.
Thanks

1 Like

awesome tutorial

1 Like

Very informative tutorial and well delivered, thank you.

1 Like

Great course and use of stock plugins.
Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Not deep house, unless the definition of what deep house actually is has changed in the past six months. Not very housey at all.

great tutorial, sax is a great sounding sample and quantising the vocal to 1/8 is a great trick. followed the tutorial pretty closely and developed into my own thing along the way.

1 Like

Really good tutorial. So many good practical tips for using Ableton.

1 Like

noice

1 Like

So much great info, tips, tricks and ideas. Great course.

1 Like

Very useful tutorial.

1 Like

Hands down the best song building course I’ve ever taken. Great teacher, great track

1 Like

Wow, this looks promising!
I immediately signed up for a year, and can’t wait to get back home and dig in… Thanks guys!

2 Likes

great tutorial to get up to speed on new Ableton - Paul’s repute as a “certified Ableton trainer” translates well here: he nicely lays out his explanations with just the right blend of “step-by-step” and “why I’m doing this” - Paul is an excellent teacher. Thanks for this tutorial - regardless of your genre, this one seems “essential” viewing if you want to get your head around Ableton

2 Likes