How To Make - Future Bass with Echo Sound Works / 478

How To Make Future Bass with Echo Sound Works

‘How To Make Future Bass’ with Echo Sound Works is, we think, a next level course here on Sonic Academy. This massively in-depth course takes you through every production process you need to produce a truly world class track like Flume, Slumberjack and Cashmere Cat.

With a slightly different approach, we first look at the songwriting process, watch as Echo Sound Works creates firstly the basic chord structure then a ‘scratch track’ for our singer ‘Luna Blake’ to write to.

Next, we head into the studio and both ESW and Luna discuss recording vocals and we have a great video with her vocals actually being tracked, so you actually get to see how the pro’s record.

We then head back to the production stage, where we add in additional synths, arrange the drop and get the track production ready. Every detail covered and everything revealed. This is the big one, Future Bass…nailed.

https://www.sonicacademy.com/courses/future-bass-with-echo-sound-works

1 Like

you should make an app so we can watch on iPhone/ipad while offline

I study when I’m not driving, and don’t always have a good connection or can get to one

1 Like

Nice track. Haven’t watched the whole course yet, but love the track. Really looking forward to this course.

1 Like

You are in for a real treat.

great course!! ist not very usual to be able to see the whole songwriting process

1 Like

Its a nice tutorial but we need to have some insight into the sound design of the lead sound he uses in the drop. Its really distinct and common in this style of music, and all we really see is him throw down some nexus preset and another synth, then a one minute explanation during the last video of the tutorial with no explanation whatsoever of the process of creating those layers. Considering that sound is so essential to this genre, it’d be nice to be able to get a grasp of the qualities of that sound and how to create it ourselves. That was the biggest thing I wanted to get out of this tutorial and it wasn’t there at all.

1 Like

anyone know where to get this LPX theme (the skin)?

@cosmic_artistry

http://logicproxthemes.blogspot.nl/2015/08/final-cut-pro-theme-logic-x-10.html

Nice one @WesnoX1

Thanks chris

Nice tutorial!

About chords, if you don´t konw how to invert, add9 etc, check out

really helpful

Heres the trick in Ableton Live to “lock” the piano roll grid similar to how its done in FL Studio…

Really enjoyed your voice memo, you’ve got a really nice voice! Great tutorial as well

Great tutorial! Really loved the in-depth look into how your process works, Shane. Keep them coming, please! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really great video series, different to the usual ‘How To’ format, a lot to learn here whether you want to learn how to make Future Bass or not, which you can take away and use for any genre you make. I highly recommend this.

1 Like

Wish there was a way we could get this song!! I really enjoy it!

which preset pack did he use again?

Echo Sound, you are amazing man.

1 Like

Great course and great track ESW!

1 Like