How To Make - Groovy Techno with Christian Vance / 508

Groovy Techno with Christian Vance

View Course

Sonic Academy welcomes back Christian Vance for another amazing course. Christain produced one of the highest rated courses on the site this year, and we just had to ask him back for an end of year blowout. Here he delivers a stormin ‘How To Make Groovy Techno’ His trademark darkness gets a lift with a funky element bassline and pounding drums. We watch as Christian goes through in detail his project setup, programmes a monster techno kick in Kick 2 and then creates bass layers using ANA to add a groovy drive to the track. As is usual, this is a no-nonsense, straight to the point course, that delivers on learning, tips, tricks and wicked production techniques!

1 Like

Wow, normally not that into techno but this one is awesome, could def see dancing in a warehouse to this late at night.

Gonna have to re-sub for this course!

1 Like

This could work for both house and techno. Great tutorial. Thanks.

thank you for this nice Course,
help me a lot,
pleas more like this
ragest Tom

Thats so cool to see Aussies make tutorials. We are some of the best producers because we love our music! Great course. respect

Tune… & clear / helpful tute. THIS is what i was looking for.

1 Like

Awesome. Really well designed sound and well designed tutorial - thanks!!

1 Like

Thanks for the words… and glad you liked the tutorial. It’a all about getting the key elements organised and ready to engineer so when the magic happens, your project is there to harness it all.

1 Like

Very nice.
More from Christian Vance please!

2 Likes

Very nice with the Project setup. Helps to keep moving forward instead of being stuck and not knowing where to go.

2 Likes

Thanks Christian, learned a lot

2 Likes

Amazing course! Literally opened loads of doors and idea for me. have to admit that the live-jam-arrangement is not really my thing but the rest was pure gold! I have come up with 3 new tunes off the back of these ideas in just under a week. All hail Mr Vance!

1 Like

That’s what we want to hear!!!

@saffaboy … great to hear! hope those new tunes are rocking.

@cvance loving your stuff keep em coming … More rumbling Techno.
Always referencing your tutorials when I’m stuck producing … Bravo :clap:

1 Like

Thanks @Keon1 !!! Glad it is part of your toolkit.

2 Likes

We all love Mr Vance’s courses - they are amazing!

2 Likes

Thx for sharing ur knowledge in music production!
I often get stuck on transitioning my tracks but, now that I’ve come across these great tutorials, I’m now finding out how to do it with ease! :wink:
Keep up the good work! :laughing:

1 Like

I’m loving the course so far . However, is it just me? I can’t seem to find the Drumkit used in the course’s project ‘808 Magnetikz’. I had to go through the whole ‘Missing files’ process and it seems like I got something equivalent but I was wodering if there was something wrong with my copy of the software. I’m using Ableton live Suite 9.7.1. Did I forget to install a Pak?

Hi @Toltech - Check in “Drums” and try to locate Kit-808 Magnetikz.adg - The project is created with standard but would work the same in suite. Hope this helps!