How To Make - How To Sound Like Chase and Status / 1687

How To Sound Like Chase and Status

View Course

This week, we welcome back Haterade for a new course where he builds a track from scratch based on the epic track Disconnect by Chase and Status and Becky Hill.

We start by listening to the original to determine the different elements we need to use in our own track before working chronologically through the intro, verse, build and drop, designing our synth sounds in ANA 2, percussive elements and effects along the way.

Once the main layout is built, we bring in the raw vocals and look at how to process them to fit the mix before mixing and mastering to complete the track.

Packed full of sound design and production tips and tricks in an easy-to-follow course, this is definitely one to check out!

Can someone reexport that aif files to standard wav, so we can follow in other DAWs than Ableton? For example Hihat-909-Open. Thanks

Aiffs should work in any DAW… what one are you using?

Well don’t really need it anymore. Using Cubase on Mac OS. I’m not able to play that aif sounds not even in OS. Also tried online convertors and they all say something like “could not find COMM tag or invalid block_align value”. As I said - I’m OK. It’s really only two samples, that I can easy replace with my own…

A very helpful and well explained course. Thank you.

1 Like

Welcome aboard on the forums and thanks for your comment ! :sunglasses: