How To Make - How To Sound Like Monki / 1771

How To Sound Like Monki

View Course

This week, we welcome back Protoculture for an epic new ‘How To Sound Like’ course where he harkens back to the early 90s Ibiza sound with a classic remake of ‘Feels Darker’ by Monki.

Over these twelve tutorials, we get a masterclass on how to achieve that classic 90s rave sound. Choosing the right sounds and samples is vital, so we look at where to find them and how to process them - or not - as we’re looking for that gritty old-skool vibe and wanting to stay away from that polished, layered, sparkling style that we’ve come accustomed to.

We build from the kick, bass and drums before adding classic synth sounds, arranging out, processing vocals and mixing and mastering.

The result absolutely nails that 90s vibe, so if you’re looking to get that sound - you need to look no further!

Check it out!

Yeah. The one and only Nate. Luckily I have some days off, to focus on this course :-)… looking forward to it.

1 Like

Great course, bravo Nate!

1 Like

Cheers Nate. Perfect timing for some summer piano anthems.

1 Like

this is great, thanks for sharing secrets. I have a lot of interest in this era of edm

1 Like

Welcome aboard on the forums ! :sunglasses:

Awesome course!

I loved the shade you threw at Grimes. <Chef’s Kiss>

Can we have more of these kinds of courses? I’d love to see how some of the classics were done.

I’m not married to only using the samples/ instruments of yester decade either.

1 Like

top!

1 Like

Welcome aboard on the forums ! :sunglasses: