How To Make - How To Sound Like The Weeknd / 1385

How To Sound Like The Weeknd

View Course

This week Haterade’s back with an all-new ‘How To Make’ course, and this time he’s creating an epic synth-pop track in the style of The Weeknd!

With an upbeat tempo, the song ‘Earn Your Love’ has 80’s vibes throughout and awesome vocals from Nashville based Nate Gott.

In this course, Haterade starts with a blank canvas before adding synthwave drums, layered basses and synth lines using ANA 2 with plenty of processing tips and tricks along the way. We then arrange the track out, bring in vocal lines which include stacks, octaves and harmonies and then process these too before carrying out a mix and master.

Utilising ANA 2’s synthwave pack presets to the max and easy to follow, the final result is a classic synth-pop tune that sits right up there with the current trend.

So what are you waiting for? Go Check it out!

where are the patches for the Ana2 presents? can’t see how to recreate them and they dont’t appear in my library. Would be good to get a breakdown of how the synths are done if not. Thanks!

Totally enjoying this tutorial, and this tutor especially. Well done!

Hi Team, Can I use these vocals to make a track of my own of course giving credit to the vocalists or would that be possible only via a bootleg/remix?

I’m curious because I’m a huge fan of these vocals and being a new producer, I am new to copyrights and how can I use these vocals.

@cosmic_instinct

It’s not possible to use those vocals in any commercial release as mentioned in the User License agreement you need to agree with when downloading the course resource.

Haven’t been through this course yet, so I’m not sure about the origin for those vocals but usually there’s 2 case scenarios : vocals recorded for a song and therefore copyrighted by the singer, song writer, song producer or vocals recorded to produce a sample pack an copyrighted by the label, sound pack reseller, distributor.

In the 1st case you need to ask written clearance and permission to use the vocals, in the2nd case you usually acquire usage rights through a single user license when you buy this sample pack.

Very effective tutorial and fun tutor, thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Terrific tutorial

Great song

what’s the best place to download the rbass plugin, can’t find it so far

Sorry for very late reply, seems this post was missed :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Hopefully you gave already found that the the Rbass is a Waves plugin → Renaissance Bass

Nicely explained. Made me buy Ableton :slight_smile:

1 Like

great tutorial; a bit fast at the start - a bit more mansplaining would be good all around e.g. F9 phat etc. but hey great use of ableton functionality like envelopes on the pitch down etc - but pls. Noah: more “teaching” rather than point and click = “guys ya gotta gain stage…” well maybe explain what gain staging actually is, what it does and why… cheers

1 Like

learned lots! cheers!