How To Make - How To Sound Like Tinlicker / 1316

How To Sound Like Tinlicker

View Course

Back with us once again with an all-new ‘How To Make’ course is the awesome Nate Raubenheimer aka Protoculture and Shadow Chronicles and this time he’s tackling How To Sound Like Tinlicker!

Using Tinlicker’s epic remix of Robert Miles ‘Children’ as a reference, Nate builds this track from scratch honing in on how they get their sound from the Kick, drums, bass, arps and more before fine-tuning the elements in the mixdown and carrying out a master so it’s ready to be played out.

We think Nate totally smashes it so check it out and let us know what you think!

1 Like

Happy Fader Friday !

Big thanks to Mr Protoculture !

Tight.

Great to see some different plug-ins used… Like Neutron and NI stuff - also great to see a use for Guitar rig without the need for a guitar! (new to me anyway).

Nice sounds created here :slight_smile:

really nice. enjoyed it !

So much to take away and learn from this. That was great!

Realy good and interesting tutorials, well made and easy to follow along. Thanks man, love your work.

maybe would be handy if the track visibility agent would be used in Cubase to able to follow the tutorials bit more easily

Nate really knows his stuff and you can learn alot from his tutorials but unfortunately i find it pretty exhausting listening to him. His quiet speaking, almost mumbeling compressed voice and his permanent eeeeeehmms and ooooooohhhmms… really hard to stick to the tutorial but i keep grinding.

Really well made, easy to follow. Great insight into making progressive house.

Is it possible to upload full play preview? - now it’s being cutoff in the 2nd half…

@Yelena

The first video is only a track “preview” and also serves as an introduction for the course and the tutor summing up the course content + some tracks also involved copyright restrictions for a full preview. So you won’t always get a full track playback through the preview videos.

As a subscriber ( or for people who bought the course individually ) you’ve got access to the full stems as audio files that can be loaded inside any DAW to listen to the full track.

Is the kick you’re using on this in a pack?

The progressive house kick on the kick2 I mean

@SeanA320

From what Nate said at the beginning of Video 2, the kick used is from a Presets pack he created and it’s available on his website here Integral Psytrance Series 01 - Psytrance Kicks for Sonic Academy Kick 2

Even better than i expected and i expected it to be great. Everything and anything is thrown in here and i flew through it. So good i bought the Home remix with Protoculture… 10/10

1 Like

10/10

Very nice course, learned a lot from it!

Hello ! I saw this course on the internet and it sounds exactly the same, https://youtu.be/ATkwNZjQeEk?si=Jvod44srxFE_TVb2

Excellent Course, well put together, lots of take aways. Thank you.

1 Like