**How To Make Progressive House In Logic Pro**

As a Logic user myself, I enjoyed the tutorial. Great work.

I do have one issue: are you familiar with the envelope bugs in Ultrabeat? This combined with other issues make ultrabeat completely broken in my eyes; I would have loaded the critical percussion sounds (kick, clap/snare, etc) in seperate EXS24 instances to maintain quality. But whatevers.

I also commend you a great deal for only using Logics plugins. I was taken completely by surprise when the pluck was synth’d up in EFM1, nice work. I literally use ES2 for everything.

Speaking of that, would be nice to see some sound design tips/get that sound tips done exclusively in Logic.

Thanks again !

[quote]Omega8870 (13/07/2010)[hr]As a Logic user myself, I enjoyed the tutorial. Great work.

I do have one issue: are you familiar with the envelope bugs in Ultrabeat? This combined with other issues make ultrabeat completely broken in my eyes; I would have loaded the critical percussion sounds (kick, clap/snare, etc) in seperate EXS24 instances to maintain quality. But whatevers.

I also commend you a great deal for only using Logics plugins. I was taken completely by surprise when the pluck was synth’d up in EFM1, nice work. I literally use ES2 for everything.

Speaking of that, would be nice to see some sound design tips/get that sound tips done exclusively in Logic.

Thanks again !
[/quote]

I havent got that far yet… to the EFM1. Look forward to that so.

Love that little synth. Use it all the time… just sounds so fcking crazy. Lower values on everything sounds “normal”. Twisting that big Knob in the middle is a bit like a Cutoff. The Vib & Rate are lethal when automated.

Although sometimes - 75% of the time, its just too mad. LOL

Still Love it. :slight_smile:

Actually that pluck sound from the FM was pretty cool.  Had a great sound to it.  The other thing I thought was pretty awesome was that big tasty reverb channel strip Chris had on a bus.  That one went straight into my autoload along with his mastering channel strip on the output bus.

Also I always forget about the fade in option from the region settings.  I tried to replicate the project in Logic before these videos came out and for that sweep like an idiot I did that part with hyperdraw automation.  Using the fade option in the region setting as Chris did is way more efficient.   

Just Notice This.

FANTASTIC :smiley:

hi chris,

Great tutorial by the way. The problem i am having is that everytime i import the prog house bass 2 sample into the exs24 sampler it tells me that the sound was created in a 32 bit version and it cannot be used.

Any ideas

[quote]flawless (13/07/2010)[hr]hi chris,

Great tutorial by the way. The problem i am having is that everytime i import the prog house bass 2 sample into the exs24 sampler it tells me that the sound was created in a 32 bit version and it cannot be used.

Any ideas[/quote]

You’ll have to convert it.

Think Audacity will do it - Its free. [url]Audacity download | SourceForge.net

Make a Folder called Audacity in your Applications folder & drag the contents of the Download into it.

When you’re done - Just open your sample - & export it as 16bit (Audacity Default) if you want.

To find 24 bit Wav, you’ll have to go into the “other compressed format” dropdown / prompt when you are exporting.

Heres a Blank Velocity Sensitive Ultrabeat Kit for Logic Users.

You’ll need to put it into your User folders into  Logic / Plug ins / Ultrabeat.

If thats too dificult, you can probably load it up & save as “1” so its at the top of your list when you open up UB.

If you want to be really anal, you can go into into your main system Logic / plugin / ultrabeat folder & rename my file to #default & delete the old one so its on startup each time.

1.pst - 0.12MB