**How To Make Progressive House In Logic Pro**

Clear your schedules for this eagerly anticipated epic 3 1/2 hr release from Sonic Academy, now in glorious Logic Pro Colour

In this comprehensive 25 video tutorial, we take you through the full process of creating a Progressive House track as made famous by Daniel Portman and Jerome Isma-Ae.

We walk you through all the steps from creating beats and synth sounds to mixing, arrangement and mastering and show you from start to finish how to make a prog monster.

When is the Fruity Loops version coming out?

:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Cheers Chris!

Does it sound better in Logic? :wink:

LOL

On there like swimwear:)

man this site is too good to be true, cant wait to check this out. (even if i use Ableton):slight_smile:

GREAT JOB

good to see more logic tuts coming out with sa.will get lots of tips from this …

cheers chris

Hey Chris,

Really enjoying it so far… still on UB :smiley: - But its nice to see how someone makes a track in Logic.

Fair play.

Thanks for the Logic Tutorials Chris and SA team. Although I did enjoy them and I certainly learned a thing or two from them their seems to be a few hiccups in some of the videos. I made a post in the subscriber section regarding the video streaming problem for one video (could’nt see it - Arrange to Intro) as well as another video actually being from the Ableton Live one instead of Logic. Yet in another video the music was completely out of sync, I kept thinking to myself Chris has got to be hearing that train wreck but it was never mentioned in the video or corrected.

Since I know Chris is a professional and I’m a fan of his work I have to assume it is an audio sync problem in the video itself as oppose to the Logic project (it was the drum fills videos BTW)

Other than that some of the workflow was a bit nerve racking for me. For example every time he wanted to add a new track whether it was an audio track or instrument track, he would highlight either an audio or instrument track and then hit the add track button and choose the track type…it’s much simpler to just double click on the blank track area in the arrange page and it will open the same track as the last highlighted track.

Another pet peeve watching the video was when he inserted and audio track and fumbled through the menu to set it to one of the bus/aux tracks. So much simpler to just click on the mixer tab at the bottom, right click on the bus/aux track and select Create/Select Arrange Track and that will automatically make it appear in the arrange page.

Maybe I’m just being anal but when he threw the sample into the EXS24 sampler and as oppose to adjusting the pitch so the instrument is mapped correctly corresponding to the keys he instead simply shifted the midi. I just think it’s not the right way of doing things and will cause confusion especially for a starting producer with perhaps little ear or music theory training.

There was a few other things but I guess I’ll shut up for now. Don’t get me wrong I did enjoy and learn from these videos (and I’m appreciative for Chris’ time and sharing some knowledge) but those things I mentioned were just driving me crazy.

BTW - I really hate the Ultrabeat…it so cumbersome and the envelopes are just retarded and not user friendly at all. Not to mention the velocity level setting is so annoying.

I have to say after recreating this genre in both Ableton and Logic, I never thought I would say it but I’m thinking I’m going to shift to Ableton.

Definite yes to more Logic related content. Youtube tutorials seem to geared towards Ableton and Reason users. More of an incentive to sub, for me anyway.

strange.

chris agnelli… top pro… 'big sky '(f***in bomb)… trance legend…

i’d give my house for a few hours in studio with him!!!

then some1 tryin to tell him how to make a tutorial???

[quote]georgekadar (10/07/2010)[hr]strange.

chris agnelli… top pro… 'big sky '(f***in bomb)… trance legend…

i’d give my house for a few hours in studio with him!!!

then some1 tryin to tell him how to make a tutorial???[/quote]

Obviously you are referring to my post and if you are you clearly misunderstood it. I am in no way telling anyone how they should or should not make tutorials. I clearly said i was appreciative of the videos and learned quite a lot from them. I also mentioned I was a big fan of his work and his abilities as a professional producer.

I simply commented on a product which I have paid for by being a subscriber and my point of view as a Logic Pro user.

3rd, 4th and 5th paragragh…

‘it would be much simpler to do it this way’

‘it would be much simpler to do it that way’

’ i just think its not the right way of doing things and will cause confusion’

-criticising his workflow

• chris has got to be hearing this train wreck but it was never mentioned

a could go on and on

dont make me out to be stupid

[quote]georgekadar (11/07/2010)[hr]3rd, 4th and 5th paragragh…

‘it would be much simpler to do it this way’

‘it would be much simpler to do it that way’

’ i just think its not the right way of doing things and will cause confusion’

-criticising his workflow

• chris has got to be hearing this train wreck but it was never mentioned

a could go on and on

dont make me out to be stupid[/quote]

It would be much simpler to do it this way - Yes I mentioned some easier work arounds and shortcuts. Anything that can speed up workflow and sharing of ideas is a good thing. Especially since in Logic there are countless ways to work and of course every one has their own way of doing things. This was not a criticism on his chosen way of working but simply my suggestion to an alternative and in my opinion a simpler way of getting the same end result.

I just think it’s not the right way of doing things and will cause confusion - Key words here being “I just think”…I was expressing my opinion once again, that to avoid confusion especially for those who are maybe not adept at music theory. In the Ableton version the sample was pitched using the simpler settings and not by shifting the midi notes and in this way if I want to use the patch in some other track when I hit a C on my controller it will actually play a C.

Chris has to be hearing this train wreck but it was never mentioned - You took this completely out of context I also said following those words that since I know he’s a pro it must be a problem with the actual video and or sound and NOT the logic project. This was not a criticism toward Chris but instead a comment on the video and or audio sync quality of that particular video.

I did not try to make you out to be stupid and did not make any comment to indicate that. What I politely said was that you obviously misunderstood my post, which is extremely easy to do on forums. You made a negative comment about my post and so I explained myself to avoid any further misunderstandings.

I take being respectful to others very seriously so don’t make something out of nothing.

Just for the hell of it let me just ask: Have you watched the videos and do you actually use Logic? Did you not notice some of the things I mentioned? Maybe it’s just on me and if so I stand corrected.

Guys… C’mon… Please quit it. This is ruining it - Seriously.

If you were face to face, it would be sorted in 2 seconds.

@ Rick - Maybe a PM or Email directly in this case would have been better Mate.

You have a thread in the Subscribers forum or wherever about something similar… 2 avenues on this subject is possibly not needed. Not trying to be bad here, so I hope you appreciate my view :cool:

Lets… Enjoy the Vids & be happy everyone.

This was a big job. A few constructive criticisims is cool… but lets not spoil the moment.

Permanant words, written without a tone of voice are sometimes easy to misinterpret.

Relax :slight_smile:

[quote]ICN (11/07/2010)[hr]Guys… C’mon… Please quit it. This is ruining it- Seriously.

If you were face to face, it would be sorted in 2 seconds.

@ Rick - Maybe a PM or Email directly in this casewould have been better Mate.

You have a thread in the Subscribers forum or wherever about something similar… 2 avenues on this subject is possibly not needed. Not trying to be bad here, so I hope you appreciate my view :cool:

Lets… Enjoy the Vids & be happy everyone.

This was a big job. A few constructive criticisims is cool… but lets not spoil the moment.

Permanant words, written without a tone of voice are sometimes easy to misinterpret.

Relax :)[/quote]

Point taken ICN. No worries dude I’m done.

@George - I apologies if I offended you or Chris as that was not my intention. My intention was to learn not only from watching the videos but by comments and asking questions and receiving feedback on my participation.

You’re a cool Guy Rick - Fair play!

Sorry to hear about your Ableton move - LOL ;)

:cool:

i admit i was offended a bit.

i just cant seem to thank these guys enough for what they do!!

no matter how th tuts are put across!!

i accept th apology as i did take it as offensive.

its all cool!!!

I love it when a plan comes together! :slight_smile:

[quote]georgekadar (11/07/2010)[hr]i admit i was offended a bit.

i just cant seem to thank these guys enough for what they do!!

no matter how th tuts are put across!!

i accept th apology as i did take it as offensive.

its all cool!!![/quote]

I wasn’t going to comment but this just pissed me off. Sorry ICN.

I apologized to be gracious not because I think I was wrong or for you to portray yourself as some offended victim because I said something about the tutorial your personal hero and legend has done. Give me a break!!! I stand by everything I commented on. Yes I’m thankful also and my appreciation is shown by the money I pay to be a subscriber and as such I have the right to comment and have my views on the product. These guys are not doing me any favors… we are participating in a business transaction.

Since I pay for this product/service …no I won’t blindly appreciate anything no matter how the tuts are put across. Not to say that it is wrong for anyone to do. To each their own.

I’m done and I try to be respectful but I’m also not going to skulk away in some corner and be quiet …I speak my mind and if you don’t like it that’s your problem.

I’m quite sure as businessmen Chris or anyone else on the SA team would not be offended by my comments in fact I would venture to say that the reason they implemented this forum is so they can get a better feel for the needs and concerns of their immediate consumer base and feedback from my comments is exactly what they are looking for whether it is positive or negative. It’s feedback so they can cater to and market a specific product directly targeted toward their immediate consumer audience which would of course make them more competitive in the market.

are get real man!!!

why dont ya go make your own tutorials

My only gripe with the ableton and logic tutorial is that the videos need to be recorded a bit closer in. Seemed to be futher out then previous ones.(i was squinting to see the vids). Either that or i need glasses:D Apart from that fantastico gents.